IT Assistant (Physical Security Systems Specialist)
Result of Service
The IC will be responsible to deliver the following:
• Physical Access Control, Video Surveillance, and Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems are secure, resilient, and scalable.
• Physical Security System projects are implemented as per the agreed time, quality and cost.
• Video Analytics solution implemented as per the agreed time, quality and cost.
• Physical Security Systems end-users are provided support in an opportune manner.
• Technical Documentation are accurately and timely updated.
6 MonthsDuties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, ICTS, and the direct supervision by the Head of Cloud, Infrastructure and Cybersecurity Unit, the IT Assistant (Physical Security Systems Specialist) will perform the following tasks:
• Develop design concepts, specifications and provide subject matter expertise for Physical Access Control, Video Surveillance and Analytics, Perimeter Intrusion Detection, and other physical security protection systems.
• Assist in the implementation of all Physical Security System projects, policies, and procedures within their area of responsibility.
• Take hands-on lead in developing, installing, implementing, and managing integrated security solutions.
• Resolve complex system issues related to physical security systems and infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot system performance issues and implement corrective actions.
• Perform preventive maintenance actions including system back-ups, error log reviews, database size and integrity checks.
• Evaluate and recommend commercial (COTS) applications and products.
• Conduct research and post-installation testing and analysis of systems.
• Provides physical security recommendations to meet and maintain compliance with organization and industry security standards.
• Provide computer, peripheral and software support for systems and devices associated with the Access Control and Video Surveillance Systems.
• Actively monitor systems and troubleshoot system errors and malfunctions.
• Undertake technical meetings with Safety and Security Section to gather data for preparation of project and operation activities.
• Coordinate & manages vendor relationships within their area of responsibility to ensure all service level agreements are met.
• Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security and system concerns.
• Train end-users on security system operation and other system support personnel.
• Prepare cost estimates for procurement and installation of physical security systems.
• Prepare, maintain and update electronic inventories of security hardware, software, product documentation and project drawings.
A Bachelor's degree in Telecommunication, Information Technology, Computer Science or related area is required.
All candidates must submit a copy of the required educational degree. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
A minimum of 15 years proven experience building and maintaining integrated physical security technologies such as electronic access control, video surveillance, motion sensors, intruder detection/alarms, chip-based pass and ID technologies is required.
Experience in Video Surveillance Systems, Physical Access Control Systems, and Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems is required.
Languages English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat; and Arabic is a working language of ESCWA.
For this position, fluency in English is required.
Note: “Fluency” equals a rating of ‘fluent’ in all four areas (speak, read, write, and understand) and “Knowledge of” equals a rating of ‘confident’ in two of the four areas.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.