- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Chernihiv
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: Closed
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for a Driver based in Chernihiv.
Overall purpose of the role is to support the transportation based in Ukraine, to plan and manage the fleet / logistics activities in support of relief operations.
The Driver is responsible to drive, manage and administer the vehicle to provide safe and efficient transport for operations teams and field offices.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Provide transportation of the team at any time during business hours;
- Fill in the daily road log of the driver, duplicating the entry of information into the electronic DRC system;
- Fill in and submit required documents and information in a timely manner in accordance with reporting instructions;
- To be responsible for the use of the vehicle;
- Make sure the car is clean and in good condition, including the engine, body and interior;
- Always ensure that the vehicle is equipped in accordance with the driver's manual;
- Check if all passengers have fastened their seat belts while driving;
- Ensure the continued safety of the vehicle and property inside the vehicle;
- It is prohibited to carry passengers not associated with DRC program activities, unless approved by the head of the office or a security specialist;
- Perform all other duties related to the position as assigned by management;
- Respect the speed limits set by the DRC (50 km/h within the city and 90 km/h outside of it), but never exceed the speed allowed by road conditions;
- Make sure that the fuel level is not below ½ tank, that the car is equipped with one inflated spare tire and that it is always in proper technical condition;
- Comply with national traffic regulations;
- Daily medical examination;
- Daily checkup.
- Driving license / Driving license category B, C;
- Secondary/Higher Education;
- Ability to freely navigate the terrain, excellent knowledge of the terrain and all possible routes;
- Technical expertise in basic car repair; Knowledge of the technical device of the car and its operation;
- Punctuality and adherence to rules and procedures;
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality of work-related information and data;
- Fluency in Ukrainian/Russian. Knowledge of English will be an advantage.
- Proven accident-free driving experience (5-7 years) in a similar position;
- Experience in humanitarian or international organizations will be a valuable advantage;
- Perfect knowledge of traffic rules;
- Knowledge and orientation on the territory of Chernihiv and Kyiv regions.
Skills and qualities:
- Sense of responsibility and safety the driver is responsible for the safety of DRC team during transport;
- Honest and trustworthy, reliable, strict and well organized;
- Able and willing to learn and expand their scope of work;
- Able to prioritize, take initiative and work without constant supervision.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 3 months with possibility of extension based on available funding.
Start date: ASAP
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: February 1st, 2023
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: