Information and Digital Solutions Assistant
- Organization: UNEP - United Nations Environment Programme
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: Closed
Result of Service
weCollaborate is enhanced with interactive and user-friendly features.
Necessary technical adjustments of weCollaborate are implemented.
Inputs to weCollaborate and JIRA efficiencies provided (KPIs, Community of Practice, etc.).
6 MonthsDuties and Responsibilities
UN Environment is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
This assignment is in UN Environment 's Corporate Services Division at the Nairobi duty station. The consultant will report to Programme Management Officer (IM), Corporate Services Division at the Nairobi duty station.
The Enterprise Solutions Section (ESS)of UN Environment’s Corporate Services Division is mandated to enable efficient and timely UN Environment Programme delivery using ICT standards, solutions and overall business process automation in support of UN Environment’s programme of work. It undertakes a wide range of services, activities and projects. It works closely with clients throughout the project life cycle to tailor the services to their needs ensuring that the solution meets the required objectives from a specification, resource and time perspective.
One of the workstreams within Enterprise Solutions Section is called Information Management (IM). Its’ overall goal is to promote and enhance corporate knowledge and information sharing systems, including UNEPs intranet – weCollaborate. The aim is to position the intranet as the premier knowledge, collaboration, networking and process management hub of the organisation. Other IM-specific initiatives include business process digitalization through corporate ticketing systems, based on Jira and PowerApps functionality. Lastly, IM is responsible for broad outreach of ESS ICT-related tools and initiatives among UNEPs personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct an analysis to determine necessary technical adjustments of weCollaborate/JIRA
2. Design and develop in collaboration with DevOps interactive features of weCollaborate, including assistance with integration with the various homegrown systems and review of applicable polices/standards.
3. Intranet Key Performance Indicators developed.
4. Design and develop applications to support process automation initiatives using Jira and other tools available within UNEP.
5. Various dashboards included in weCollaborate.
6. Plan for confluence-based communities’ platform and services established.
High School Diploma with training in Informatics/Computer Science/Information Technology or a similar related field is required.
A minimum 2 years or more proven professional experience with at the national and/or international level with a focus on technical and ICT support, including experience with Atlassian (i.e., Confluence and Jira) is required.
Software and applications development and analysis is required.
Knowledge of Operations of programme/project management online tools and databases and other related application systems modules and functionalities is desirable.
Ability to meet deadlines and work independently is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in oral and written English is required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: