Driver (multiple roles)
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Dnipro
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: Closed
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for Drivers based in Dnipro, Dnipropetrovska oblast.
We are currently looking for candidates for two vacant positions in Dnipro:
- Driver with own vehicle (required characteristics: 4x2 (minibus), color white, vehicle no older than 2015);
- Driver for rented car (4x2, minibus).
Overall purpose of the role is to support the transportation based in Ukraine, to plan and manage the fleet / logistics activities in support of relief operations in Dnipropetrovska oblast.
The Drivers are responsible to drive, manage and administer the vehicle to provide safe and efficient transport for operations teams and field offices.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be
- Carry out the Daily vehicle driving duty and inspection of vehicle in accordance with the Supply Chain Manual;
- Ensure that each vehicle is carrying a Vehicle Log Book, First Aid Kit and Fire Extinguisher;
- Ensure that the vehicles are cleaned both inside and out whenever needed;
- Report any accident or damage or defects to the vehicle to the SC Officer and Security Specialist and appropriate complete Accident Report, passing it to the Supply Chain Officer for action;
- Check and ensure Vehicle Log Books are correctly completed. Ensure that the Log Books are handed to the SC Officer on the first day of each month;
- Make sure that all vehicles are parked correctly during the day and at night at the office parking;
- Check own vehicle after it has returned from repair to ensure that the work it went in for has been completed;
- Understand and obey all traffic laws and regulations of Ukraine and DRC in country;
- At all times, be in possession of a valid driving license and make sure that the license is renewed when necessary;
- Advise the SC Officer of needed service and maintenance of the assigned vehicle minimum 3 days in advance.
- Communicating with Supply Chain Officers and Security Advisor;
- Monitoring fuel states and organizing refuelling;
- Sending the completed Logbook to the Supply Chain Officer at the end of each day;
- Clean driving license (no conviction letter);
- 4x2, 4x4 / off road experience;
- Manual transmission experience;
- Fluency in local language;
- Working with people;
- Handling insecure environments;
- Knowledge of English language will be a privilege.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: 3 months with possibility of extension based on available funding.
- Level J2
- Start date: ASAP
- The application is open for Ukraine citizens only.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English or Ukrainian.
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 07 February 2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: