Human Resources Officer
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Khartoum
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: Closed
DRC has been present in Sudan since 2004, delivering life-saving programming in protection, emergency response, shelter, food security and livelihoods, disaster risk reduction, camp management, and humanitarian mine action. DRC has implemented projects in Central Darfur, South Darfur, South Kordofan, Gedaref, Kassala, and Khartoum states. Sudan hosts one of the largest displaced populations in Africa, with over 3.7 million internally displaced people and over 1.1 million refugees from South Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Central African Republic, Chad, Yemen and Syria. Against a background of political crisis, Sudan faces economic and social turmoil, with sharp increases in food and energy costs, further exacerbated by disease outbreaks and ongoing conflict.
About the job
The Human Resources Officer of DRC Sudan is responsible for managing HR tasks for the national staff based in Khartoum and support other area offices as needed; the scale of responsibilities stretches on a variety of HR functions in addition, he/she has also the role to follow up with HR focal persons in other area offices on HR related tasks making sure they are compliant with global policies and local laws when it comes to managing national staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and process all contracts coming from the field for approval
- Support field staff with advice on appropriate contract types when necessary
- Coordinate with the HR team in the field to ensure that the staff database is updated on a monthly basis
- Organize the collection of data from the field, including the collection of personnel files, so that all DRC HR records are centralized in the Khartoum office.
- For the Khartoum office:
- Create and maintain a contract tracker for Khartoum staff on a monthly basis ensuring that it is updated before payroll week
- Monitor contract expiry date and alert managers in a timely manner providing whilst consulting
- Ensure that the staff contact list is updated on a monthly basis by liaising with the administration team
- Support payroll manager by routinely providing information on new hires, change of status, or contract amendments
- Create personnel files for new hires and ensure that all Khartoum staff stay up to date
- Responsible for managing implementation of staff contracts that include implementation of offers, confirmation letters, amendments, extensions/renewals, transfers, notices etc.
Recruitment, Selection, and Induction:
- Ensure that all recruitment follow DRC Recruitment Policy.
- Update and maintain recruitment tracker
- Communicate all open positions internally and/or externally
- Lead recruitment process with Hiring Managers to respect the different steps; long-listing, short-listing, scheduling, and organizing interviews.
- Develop and maintain efficient collaboration with HAC and involve their representatives in each recruitment process
- Ensure that all the requirements for recruiting staff, including satisfactory reference check, and background check is met prior to making an offer to the selected candidate.
- Develop and keep updated the onboarding policy in collaboration with the HR Manager
- Ensure that all new staff is involved in an induction program
- Ensure that all Khartoum new hires have a clear understanding of all DRC Sudan HR policies and procedures
- Follow up with supervisors during the probationary period to ensure proper integration of all new hires.
- Provide full support to HR in the field in terms of recruitment and onboarding when necessary
- Provide DRC Sudan Khartoum staff badges by liaising and organizing with the operations team.
Benefits & Compensation Administration
- Responsible for the preparation of the DRC Sudan payroll and administration of staff benefits that include gratuity, leave, medical insurance.
- Support the HR Manager in regular salary and benefits surveys by updating Birches annual questionnaires - Ensure an up to date accurate record management system is in place and that staff payroll files (both electronic and physical) are updated in compliance with DRC check-list.
Any other duties and may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor and/or the head of the department.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of Human resources with Humanitarian organization and/or corporate sector.
- A high sense of diplomacy and emotional intelligence; and an impeccable practice of time management;
- A high level of flexibility and adaptability; and a high sense of complexity and stress management;
- Good manipulation of Microsoft office;
- Good comprehension of Sudanese Labor law, Social Security and Compensation and Benefits;
- The ability to multitask and manage a diverse workload.
- Excellent communication skills in both languages (English and Arabic)
- Excellent working experience on ERP system.
- Professional/Certified on Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation and Excel/Excel Spreadsheet.
- Team player with effective communication skills.
- BA in Management/Sociology/industrial psychology/HR
- Masters in HR management or industrial psychology is appreciated
- Internationally recognized HR certifications are appreciated
Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: 1 year
Level: Non-Management – H
Location: Sudan , Khartoum
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the Apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 07-February-2023
Need further information?
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: