Humanitarian Mine Action Project Manager
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Khartoum
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Mine Action and Weapon Contamination
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
This position is available contingent on donor funding
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Humanitarian Mine Action Project Manager to work in DRC Sudan
About the job
The Project UNOPS Land Release Services in South Kordofan, Blue Nile and Darfur States of Sudan will provide Multi-Task Teams to conduct land release operations in high priority explosive ordnance (EO) contaminated areas in South Kordofan, Blue Nile and potentially Darfur states. The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the overall delivery of this project and will be based in Khartoum.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Plan, monitor and evaluate all aspects of HMA activities.
- Maintain and develop SOPs, work plans and other relevant operations documentation and implement changes within the programme accordingly.
- Lead project engagement with NMAC and other relevant bodies and working groups. Ensure that the prioritisation set by the NMAC, and /or UNMAS are taken into consideration in the planning and implementation of operational activities.
- Assist support services in developing appropriate plans for operational support.
- Report operational outputs to Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding team in Copenhagen HQ on a monthly basis, based on input from Ops/QA Officer and TFMs.
- Lead the planning and monitoring of training and competence building of national operational employees, with a specific objective of nationalisation of posts.
- Support and advise in country management on operational matters and ensure that accreditation of operations is achieved and maintained with authorities.
- Liaise with the client and ensure feedback is incorporated into project delivery.
- Oversee internal and external project reporting.
- Management of Operations/QA Officer and Admin/Finance/Logistics Officer and any other relevant staff.
- Liaison with and provide management oversight of partner organisations.
To be successful in this role we expect that you possess the following:
- 5 years’ experience in project management
- 3 years’ proven direct experience in managing projects involving multiple teams conducting humanitarian mine action activities
- 3 years’ proven direct experience in managing and supporting mine-clearance and BAC operations
- Experience of demining in Sub-Saharan Africa
- High school education
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
EOD 3 qualified - with documented application of Alternative Explosive Ordnance Disposal skills (certificates to be supplied)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: approximately 24 months
Designation of Duty Station: Non-family Duty Station
Start date: March/April 2023
Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for international staff or DRC National Staff salary scale.
All applicants must upload:
-A cover letter
-An updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
-A Copy of your IMAS EOD 3 certificate (Select 'Other documents' to upload the required file)
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 7 February 2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
The screening process for this position is on rolling basis, so early submission of applications is encouraged. DRC reserves the right to start with the next steps in the recruitment process prior to the closing date, should we identify a suitable candidate.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: