UNEP Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) – Programme Analyst (Human Resources)
Result of Service
The result of the services will be used to successfully support the Programme Officers of the UNEP FI Secretariat to ensure that FI projects are running smoothly assisting them from a financial and administrative perspective.Work Location
10 months.Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The overall objective of the UNEP’s Economy Division is to encourage decision makers in government, local authorities and industry to develop and adopt policies, strategies and practices and technologies that promote sustainable patterns of consumption and production, make efficient use of natural resources, ensure safe management of chemicals and contribute to making trade and environment policies mutually supportive. It promotes the development, use and transfer of policies, technologies, economic instruments, managerial practices and other tools that assist in environmentally sound decision making and the building of corresponding activities.
The United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) is the strategic partnership between the United Nations and over 400 banks, insurers and investors. For over 28 years UNEP FI has been shaping and driving the international sustainable finance agenda, setting global standards and growing a global network of leading financial institutions. Through its work-streams and regional activities, peer learning, methodology development, training and research, UNEP FI carries out its mission to help the financial industry align with and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals and with that take on the crucial role it must play in achieving a sustainable future.
UNEP FI works with banking, insurance and investment members and a network of regional partners to accelerate market momentum towards a financial sector aligned with sustainable development in five geographical areas: Africa & the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America. The objective is to disseminate, promote and communicate UNEP FI’s work across the different geographical regions by a variety of means, including consultations, research, workshops, and special meetings/events.
UNEP FI has ongoing Global and Regional Roundtable and needs administrative support across a number of administrative areas linked to Human Resources, Travel and Procurement, as well as events planning. UNEP FI currently does not have the in-house support to undertake the below mentioned tasks, therefore it requires the assistance of an Individual Contractor.
• Assistance provided in HR-related matters, including supporting the Head of Unit and Administrative Assistant in hiring and contracting procedures of consultants, interns, Individual Contractors and staff.
• Support provided to the FI Secretariat for general issues such as submitting vendor registration and procurement document compilations to Administration as well as day to day requests as required.
• Assistance with creation and maintenance of data for the UNEP FI database.
• Administrative support to UNEP FI Workshops undertaken, Meetings, procurement and contracting requests, memos and other tasks carried out. Possibly including travel if reinstated by UNEP.
Specifically, the individual contractor will perform the following tasks:
• Assist in HR-related matters, including support in preparing documents for the recruitment of interns, Consultants and Individual Contractors for the FI Secretariat. These documents include Terms of Reference, PHP’s, Memo’s, Comparative Analysis, P104 Form.
• Assist in preparing payments including consultant evaluations, preparing budget summaries, tracking expenditures internally, and assisting with mapping donor reporting.
• Preparation of travel support to FI Secretariat workshops and meetings in a timely and effective manner.
• Regular support to the FI Secretariat for general issues such as vendor registration and procurement, and the documents that go with these requests as well as day to day items as required by the UNEP FI Team.
• Ensure timely submission of a variety of standard statistical and other reports, work orders, etc., using various databases in accordance with programme guidelines.
• Proofread documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards for format.
• Assist Administration to review old and current pre-commitments and commitments to ensure correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and availability of funds.
• Assists the Admin Team in the preparation of budget reports.
The IC shall be under the overall supervision of the Head of UNEP FI and report directly to the Administrative Assistant (HR) and Administrative Assistant (Budget and Finance) in UNEP FI Administration Unit.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. University degree in administration, finance or economics is desirable.
Professional Experience: One year of progressively responsible experience within the UN system, government administration, non-governmental organization, private sector or related organization or institution with experience in administration and/or finance. Extensive experience in the use of computers and standard office software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, slide presentations). Experience with Umoja is an asset.
Special skills / knowledge: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and respond appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from the clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; keeps abreast if available technology; understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; activity seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, spoken and written English is essential. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.