Supply Chain Assistant
Tripoli - Libya
DRC one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly Supply Chain (SC) Assistant. to support the SC department in its operation in Libya, where we offer you a good working environment with highly qualified and skilled teams.
DRC selects the best-qualified candidate for any role, based on pre-defined criteria, such as competencies, qualifications, and values. We strive for diversity and inclusion in all our recruitments, by selecting the best-suited candidate based on the requirements for the job without discriminating against age, gender, ethnicity, religion, marital status, disability, or similar
About the job
DRC Libya – Tripolitania Area – SC department is excited to recruit SC Assistant to provide administrative and/or technical logistics as well as procurement support in line with DRC policy.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Prepare the relevant documents for the procurement of goods and services.
- Ensure that the procurement tracker is regularly updated.
- Ensure proper archiving of procurement documents both physically and digitally
- Track payments status with finance
- Prepare assets for new DRC Staff and issue relevant documents for each staff
- Maintain asset-tracking documentation both digitally and physically
- Participate in the evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Any other tasks requested by the line manager.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to be 1) administrative and technical logistics and procurement capacity, 2) attention to detail and flexible, and 3) ensuring to follow the organizational policy.4) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least, Diploma or equivalent professional qualification in logistics, business administration or equivalent.
- Minumum 1 year of experience in Logistics and Procurement.
- Very good skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Result oriented, and problem-solving skills;
- fluency in Arabic and English is mandatory.
- Previous experience with INGOs
- Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics and/or Procurement would be an advantage
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Ensuring coordination and teamwork are in place to achieve your targets
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: listen actively and articulate clearly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 4 Months contract with the possibility of extension based on performance and fund availability.
Designation of Duty Station: Tripoli and urban areas
Start date: it is likely to start on 12. February. 2023.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 5 Feb 2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.