Human Resources Senior Assistant (Roster), Multiple positions
Background Information - IPAS
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, the UNOPS Integrated Practice Advice and Support (IPAS) serves all the regions and headquarters, primarily with advice and solutions to everyday implementation challenges. IPAS consists of a diverse team of subject matter experts in the six practice areas of HR, Administration, Legal, Finance, Procurement, Project Management and Infrastructure. IPAS has three main roles:
Support to operations in the field offices: IPAS provides timely advice and supports actively finding of solutions to everyday implementation challenges, based on policy and best practices. It also provides operational support in specific areas.
Business efficiency: IPAS recommends changes to policies, processes and operating standards based on the feedback and experience of the field offices. IPAS also ensures transparent and efficient project implementation, in line with policy and business needs.
Body of knowledge: IPAS contributes to research and coordination within the policy groups and project practitioners. It provides structured knowledge and subject matter expertise which is used across practice areas to provide coherent and tailored advice to the requesting offices.
Please note that we are building a roster of qualified HR professionals who are interested in both short term and long term opportunities. Candidates who applied to the previous vacancy (VA/2022/B0005/24215) should NOT apply again.
Presently comprised of 16 experienced practitioners, IPAS HR is looking for a dynamic and professional colleague to replace a team member who has been selected for another role within the team.
As part of the IPAS HR team, you would be responsible for providing support to recruitments and other HR processes. For instance, you would support accurate management of recruitments at our Headquarters in Copenhagen, process appointments, benefits and entitlements, and support very interesting team initiatives such as business process improvements or the monitoring of our internal KPIs. Moreover, you would experience active encouragement to suggest innovative ways to streamline and improve these existing processes.
IPAS HR is looking for someone with a positive attitude, who is a strong communicator, a proven team player, and has a keen sense of client service and prioritization. In addition, you must have strong IT and digital skills, the ability to innovate and demonstrate a passion for systems, processes and data analytics. Flawless English and impeccable writing skills are required. .
UNOPS offers not only an exciting work environment, an attractive remuneration package and flexible working arrangements, but you would also be working in one of the most sustainable buildings in Copenhagen: the UN City.
You can meet our team and get a sneak peek of our working environment in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8CyuSqczvI&feature=youtu.be
- Secondary education required. A university degree is strongly preferred and can compensate for some of the required years of experience.
- Fluency in English is essential; fluency in French or Spanish would be a strong asset.
- Strong computer literacy required as well as experience using software packages such as Office, Mac, Google suite and web-based systems. Knowledge of ERP systems is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in operations support, preferably supporting a human resources management area is required with a high school diploma. Within these 5 years, at least 6 months of experience supporting recruitments.
- International exposure is required.
- Experience with social media platforms is highly desirable.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA 5
Contract duration: various, temporary (short term or long term) or open-ended, depending on the Hiring Unit’s needs.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.