Communications Manager (Global Finance)
New York City
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: New York City
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Banking and Finance
- Communication and Public Information
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date:
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees and other immigrants resettle in the U.S. and become self-sufficient. We are committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships, and most crucially, accountability to those we serve.
We are looking for a Communications Manager who has a highly creative and strategic approach to internal communications for the Finance department and is passionate about working in an organization that is making a lasting impact. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Initiatives & Delivery for the Global Finance department, you will collaborate with Communications staff across the IRC to ensure alignment with policy and best practices.
In this role, you will conceive, develop and drive our internal Finance global communications strategy and initiatives to effectively connect with employees throughout the world. You will understand the department’s priorities and deliverables, and with direction from the Global Finance Leadership team, will formulate and deliver a comprehensive communications plan and set of resources for the Finance department.
• Connect, inform, inspire, and implement a Finance communication strategy to increase the visibility and reach of the Finance department, its priorities and key policy areas.
• Manage a communications calendar and activity plan that supports the department’s activities and deliverables, and ensure content is scheduled and posted consistently.
• Develop regular department newsletters, blog posts, and other communications that are accurate, easy to understand, and accessible.
• Coordinate the development and maintenance of RescueNet (IRC intranet) content for Finance pillars, key activities and policy areas, ensuring consistent quality and timely updates.
• Maintain and coordinate the use of formats and templates for regular internal Finance meetings such as the quarterly all-Finance staff webinars.
• Aid in regular updates of Finance policy documentation, establishing standard methodology processes with policy owners.
• In collaboration with the Communications team from across the organization, research and recommend innovative communications practices.
• Ensure communications policies and templates are in alignment with the IRC brand guidelines and writing styles in any public-facing materials and communications.
• Maintain communication and media policies in consultation with relevant focal points at HQ.
• Any other task/s as needed and assigned by the supervisor.
Key Working Relationships
The Communications Manager will work closely with Finance Project Manager/s, the Global Finance Leadership Team and the Communications leads for consistent delivery and alignment to IRC and Finance priorities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, or other relevant fields (or equivalent experience).
• Minimum 3-6 years of experience in internal or external communications and/or social media.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with proven track record to communicate complex information clearly and concisely with a variety of internal contacts.
• Outstanding organizational and leadership skills; Ability to work accurately and productively in a fast-paced environment and respond/adapt to shifting priorities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook including Communications.
• Strong listening skills and outstanding attention to detail
• The ability to work effectively in a dynamic team as well as take initiative independently
• Demonstrated ability as a skilled collaborator and ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong passion for our mission!
• The position will be located at the IRC’s New York City headquarters, with the ability to work remotely.
• Standard office work environment.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.