Information Technology Assistant (Part-time)
- Organization: UNEP - United Nations Environment Programme
- Location: Panamá
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: Closed
Result of Service
Information Technology Assistant Part-time Consultant will report to the Administrative Officer of the Administration Unit at UNEP LACO and support the information technology management of the Regional Office, via the provision of efficient computer information and communication systems, technical support, and services, as well as to provide support and guidance to staff deployed in other countries in the region. Information Technology consultant will act as Information Technology focal point to provide daily technical support for the users of the Local Area Network (LAN), information management tools and technology infrastructure connectivity.
1. Effective functioning of the Regional Office hardware and software packages. Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components, the installation of developed software and related upgrades and support of users in backing and restoring, as well as in virus detention, removal, and prevention.
2. Networks administration: troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems, responds to users’ needs and questions regarding network access, and assists in backup and restoration procedures for local drives.
3. Technical support and maintenance of servers and telecommunications systems:
a. Manage of telecommunications devices included on the internet and telephony service.
b. Manage and support of the group of servers in UNEP/LACO (DC, Mail, HelpDesk, etc., and equipments that handles the recording of entrances and exits).
c. Provisioning of new personnel in UNEP/LACO (user in the domain, e-mail account, pass card, etc.).
d. Management and maintenance of user account related e-mail addresses.
4. Serve as the Information Technology focal point for the Regional Office.
a. Information Technology support for the Offices and projects.
b. Monitor ICT equipment when transported to other facilities and events. Install the equipment for these events. Assure safe returning to UNEP/LACO premises.
5. Support events and workshops in all related to involved technology areas.
6. Actively support procurement decisions by being the expert on demand for questions related to new Information and Communications Technology (ICT) equipment, upgrading and/or maintenance of the existing ICT equipment.
7. Support UNEP/LACO in checking and maintaining an adequate inventory of IT assets. Collect required information needed to complete the current inventory (brand, model, serial number, OS, etc.).
8. Perform of other duties assigned by the supervisor.
UNEP LACO OFFICE
12 MonthsDuties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The UNEP Latin America and the Caribbean Office (LACO), located in Panama City, works closely with the 33 countries of the region and its activities are integrated into the Medium-Term Strategy and the Programme of Work approved by the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA)
The IT (Informational Technology) Assistant Part-Time consultant will be working within the Administration Team under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer. He/She will also maintain direct communication with Project Managers and the Administrative Team, in order to improve the efficiency of operations within the Latin America and the Caribbean region providing technology assistance.
The consultant will work part-time at UNEP LACO Office, Panama City, Panama. The consultant will be supervised by the Administrative Officer of the Administration Unit at UNEP LACO and work part-time upon demand as agreed upon with Supervisor for an estimated duration of 12 months.
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application is required. University Degree in Computer Science desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Certified A+, Network+ y Server+ is preferable
- 7 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications
- Fluency in Spanish is required, confident level of English is desirable
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: