- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: krakow
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: Closed
DRC Poland is looking to recruit a qualified, flexible, and enthusiastic professional for the position of Finance Officer based in Krakow.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement-affected populations based on humanitarian principles and human rights.
DRC is implementing a multi-sector response to support Ukraine refugees, IDPs, and host populations both within Ukraine and the neighboring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldova, and wider Europe. Due to the ongoing conflict that began in February 2022, DRC opened offices in Poland, Moldova, and Romania to provide support to the displaced population in partnership with civil society organizations and national NGOs, duty bearers, and other actors. DRC continues to implement in these three countries through partnerships, technical assistance and capacity exchange, and direct implementation in some cases.
About the Job
Reporting to the Support Services Team Leader in Krakow and, under the technical supervision of the Finance Manager in Warsaw, the Finance Officer will be responsible for ensuring compliance with DRC procedures and guidelines within the area of responsibility covering Krakow, Rzeszów, Przemyśl, and Wrocław.
- Assist with the preparation of the budget.
- Implement financial SOPs, policies, and procedures.
- Establish, maintain, and reconcile the general ledger, including ensuring updated cashbooks on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies.
- Ensure all bank account statements are reconciled.
- Ensure data and transactions are properly recorded and entered into accounting systems.
- Prepare Income statements and balance sheets as needed.
- Maintain financial files and records; filing, scanning, and sending of monthly financial documents to the country office.
- Maintain contract follow-up monthly, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or paid on time.
- Liaise with Project Manager/s to ensure thorough and effective budgetary monitoring of the projects implemented in the area of interest.
- In coordination with Project Manager/s, liaise with partners on key financial issues for all programs in the area of responsibility, including co-funding, financial reporting, key variances, and any remedial action.
- Review partners' financial reports (subgrants).
- Contribute to the preparation and timely delivery of quality financial reports for donors and of internal reports to colleagues and HQ, ensuring compliance with reporting requirements (filing, scanning, and sending monthly financial documents to the country office.
- Contribute to preparing program and support budgets for new proposal/s in collaboration with relevant staff as per need.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in the area of concern.
- Establish and maintain cash controls.
- Monitor cash reserves and investments.
- Ensure sufficient funds are available for costs on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly cash requests and prepare weekly/monthly cash reports (with all supporting documentation attached to them).
- Carry out cash and bank transactions for field offices.
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms and meet the requirements of National Law and donor regulations.
- Cash Book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly, and monthly basis.
- Follow up on workers' contracts, payments according to attendance, and any other related admin tasks.
- Provide technical support for field finance and administration staff.
- Assist logistics in preparing monthly asset lists.
- Support staff in raising travel requests, expense reports & cash advances in MS Dynamics in line with DRC Policy.
- Ensuring correct use of accounting distributions, categories, and Per Diem rates.
- Verify receipts prior to posting & paying expenses.
- Prepare & providing supporting documents for donor-required audits.
- Assist with local and annual audits and ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with coordination staff and HQ.
- With HQ, Supply Chain & HR, ensure compliance with GDPR & Polish Data Protection regulations.
To be successful in this role you need to have a minimum of two years of proven, relevant experience, ideally in the humanitarian/NGO sector. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in finance management, accounting, or business administration.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is desirable.
- Accuracy and effectiveness in all aspects of work.
- Absolute and proven reliability in financial matters.
- Team player mentality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluency in spoken and written Polish and English
- Strong Word and Excel skills.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract type: National Contract
Contract length: 31st December 2023, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of funding.
Band: Non-Management, H
Base Salary Range: PLN 11,995 - PLN 15,320 gross per month, based on experience.
Duty base: Krakow, with travel.
Start date: Asap
We offer a competitive salary and benefits in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Applicants must have the legal right to live and work in Poland at the time of the application. DRC does not sponsor visas.
Closing date for applications: February 14th, 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we, therefore, encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: