Information Comm. Technology Specialist (system Integrator), P-3,(FT), # 103481, Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP), Valencia, Spain
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Valencia
- Grade: Mid level - P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
- Communication and Public Information
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Public, Private Partnership
- Grant writing
- Closing Date: Closed
The ICT Specialist (Systems Integrator) reports to the Systems Analyst with the Chief of PFP-ICT as Second Reporting Officer. The Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) division aims to target ambitious goals in its 2022-25 strategic plan and the related business activities require the intensive use of robust, modern, and well-supported business applications. This post is based in Valencia, a Headquarter duty station, and is part of the PFP-ICT Applications Support Unit, which manages and supports the analysis of business requirements for applications, the identification or development, the implementation as well as the operations of business application solutions. Based on the business strategies and work plans, established policies, guidelines, and service level agreements, the incumbent is responsible for managing, coordinating, and supporting the integration of large-scale and complex information systems that support PFP’s business processes, collaboration, and management information to achieve the business objectives.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The ICT Specialist (Systems Integrator) reports to the Systems Analyst with the Chief of PFP-ICT as Second Reporting Officer.
The Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) division aims to target ambitious goals in its 2022-25 strategic plan and the related business activities require the intensive use of robust, modern, and well-supported business applications. This post is based in Valencia, a Headquarter duty station, and is part of the PFP-ICT Applications Support Unit, which manages and supports the analysis of business requirements for applications, the identification or development, the implementation as well as the operations of business application solutions.
For every child, a Champion.
Based on the business strategies and work plans, established policies, guidelines, and service level agreements, the incumbent is responsible for managing, coordinating, and supporting the integration of large-scale and complex information systems that support PFP’s business processes, collaboration, and management information to achieve the business objectives.
How can you make a difference?
1. Enhance the collaboration with PFP business owners and strategic partners, and manage the PFP business information architecture, the business applications framework, and the business applications lifecycle;
1.1 In consultation with business owners, develop and maintain of PFP business information architecture that defines the division's business information assets, sources and processes, structure and classification, relationship and dependencies, and association with application framework.
1.2 In consultation with business owners, develop and maintain the PFP business applications framework that maps out PFP line-of-business applications, purpose and capabilities, architecture and technology, resources and support, as well as governance and internal organization.
1.3 In coordination with the PFP-ICT Applications Support Unit, develop and maintain standards and best fit criteria within the applications framework for new requirements for applications, or changes in existing applications.
1.4 In coordination with the PFP-ICT Applications Support Unit, manage the applications lifecycle through evaluation of applications capability, applications value and operations and technological risks.
1.5In coordination with the PFP-ICT Applications Support Unit, evaluate and review the lifecycle of legacy systems and manage the integration plan or develop retirement transition plan.
2. Lead the support to the planning, coordinating, and managing the system-level integration of PFP business applications;
2.1 Develop and maintain the integration framework to provide the set of standards supporting the integration and interoperability between PFP business applications.
2.2 Perform gaps and overlaps analysis of the PFP business applications landscape and coordinate the development and validation of integrations requirements and integration plans.
2.3 Develop and maintain the integration strategy and maintaining system integrity by defining and validating interfaces and requirements architecture.
2.4 Manage the planning, quality assurance and implementation, as well as documentation of the integration plans and specifications.
2.5 Manage and maintain the integration technology components, monitor system capacity and performance, and ensure flow of information across applications.
3. Manage the provision of technical and operational support of the PFP business applications, business intelligence and analytics;
3.1 Provide insights on the analysis of business needs and elaboration of functional requirements and quality attributes of the digital and CRM solutions.
3.2 Contribute to the design, development, implementation, and provision of support to enable marketing, fundraising and relationship management through the CRM platform and related tools and applications.
3.3 Contribute to the technical implementation and provision of support to enable planning, reporting, and monitoring PFP performances through the integrated PRM platform.
3.4 Manage compliance and escalate exceptions (proactive) and deviations (reactive) on project management and change management.
3.5 Ensure that organization standards as well as industry best practices are considered in the vendor and tool selection, information structure, information security, metadata, and system architecture.
3.6 Monitor and produce reports and insights on the system performance and perform usage statistics analysis.
3.7 Monitor risks and threats to ICT environment or infrastructure and take appropriate action.
3.8 Manage ICT-related communication materials and applications documentation internally and for ICTD-NYHQ.
3.9 Liaise with key resources and SMEs in ICTD-NYHQ and coordinate with the internal ICT team in defining the deployment plan and adoption strategy and build support baselines.
4. Foster innovation to support the private sector fundraising and partnership operations;
4.1 Promote creativity and innovative thinking to re-engineer work processes and make the best use of technology within PFP division, its National Committees and Country Offices partners.
4.2 Explore potential opportunities and possible risks to improve productivity, efficiency and effectiveness in fundraising and partnership business, and share with business owners, PFP senior management and ICTD.
4.3 Coordinate with the supervisor for the formal review and assessment of local innovation initiatives.
4.4 Ensure existing strategies are incorporated in all innovation initiatives prior to approval.
4.5 Ensure approved innovative projects are considered first prior to prospecting or working on new projects.
4.6 Support counterparts and implementing partners to implement approved innovation initiatives.
4.7Work closely with Communication to promote to local philanthropists the values, benefits and rewards of innovation for their active participation, support and funding.
4.8 Engage the private sector to maximize the use of corporate social responsibility (CSR) resources for no-cost innovation initiatives.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- An Advanced University Degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology management, business administration, or another related social science field, is required.
- Alternatively, a first-level University Degree in a relevant field combined with seven years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Theoretical foundation studies in Information Management with practical applications of Business Analysis, Database Management, System and Technology Integration, Applications Development, Cloud Computing, Information Systems Design, Project Management, Digital Innovation is highly desirable.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in information technology management and business operations in a large international organization and/or corporation is required.
- Experience in systems integration techniques and tools, and software development as well as experience in information architecture development is required.
- Experience with business analysis techniques and tools, as well as experience in managing ICT projects and with vendors is required.
- Experience in donor management, digital marketing, digital fundraising, advanced analytics, and CRM processes in the non-profit sector is an asset.
- Experience in documenting software requirements specifications and design descriptions using DevOps is an asset.
- Experience in a UN organization is an asset.
- Familiarity with UN/UNICEF’s rules, regulations, and procedures is an asset.
- Certification and/or proven experience in one of these several ICT technical competencies: ICT Project Management, Business Analysis, Information Security, ICT Audit and Risk Management, Software development methodology, tools, and lifecycle is an asset.
- Strong knowledge in Enterprise Processes, Enterprise Integration, Online Payment processes, and integration, CRM platforms, ERP Platform, Content Management platforms, digital marketing, and fundraising channels is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge in systems integration technologies such as REST API, Web services (XML, WSDL, UDDI, SOAP, etc.), and other related technologies is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce services, MS SharePoint, MS SQL, MS Azure Cloud, MS Azure Integration Services, .Net Framework, and other related cloud services is required.
- Project Management Certification is an asset.
- ITIL Certificate or equivalent Customer Support Certification is an asset.
- Solid understanding of enterprise software management.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish will be an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks, and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: