Business Support Assistant (Peri-Urban) SC5, Yangon
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Yangon
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Infrastructure and Urban-Rural development
- Sustainable trade and development
- Urban Development, planning and design
- Sustainable Business Development
- Closing Date: Closed
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Job Title: Business Support Assistant SC 5, Peri Urban Unit
Grade : SC 5
Type of contract: Service Contract
Number of Post : 1
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Yangon
Report to : Programme Policy Officer
VA Number: 360414
Date of Publication: 02 February 2023
Deadline of Application: 16 February 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This post is opened for Myanmar Nationals Only.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for the Programme team, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of Head of Programme Unit in WFP Office in Yangon, the incumbent will perform the following duties:-
1. Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
2. Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
3. Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
4. Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
5. Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
6. Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
7. Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
8. Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
9. Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
• Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
• Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Language: Fluency in written and oral communication skills in both English and Myanmar
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us email@example.com to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
This email is only to be used for any accessibility requirement in terms of application and not for sending the application itself.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
• Leading by example with integrity,
• Driving results and delivering on commitments,
• Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
• Applying strategic thinking,
• Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: