- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Silver Spring
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date:
Scope of Work:
The Casework Supervisor supervises and directs caseworkers who are responsible for providing assistance to newly arrived refugees, asylees and other humanitarian immigrants, ensuring the best possible resettlement experience and resulting in refugee self- sufficiency under the State of Maryland Public Private Partnership (PPP) and Matching Grant (MG) programs. This position reports to the Program Manager.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the implementation of processes and procedures to ensure compliance to all program requirements.
- Supervise caseworkers’ daily provision of core services, delegating work assignments, and formally evaluating individuals’ performance. Actively participate in the delivery of client services as necessary.
- Work independently in planning and developing programs to support the successful resettlement of newly arrived refugees, asylees and other immigrant populations.
- Assess, evaluate and report program and staff performance, escalating issues requiring additional attention.
- Monitor program execution to ensure compliance with all funding requirements.
- Lead and facilitate meetings.
- Serve as subject expert on PPP and MG programs issues.
- Lead projects as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Liaise with internal and external partners and service providers to create a more welcoming environment for clients served.
- Actively participate in RFP development.
- Complete periodic program reports.
- Review client progress reports for accuracy prior to submission to funders or IRC Headquarters.
- Train staff.
- Lead Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) efforts.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A college degree in Social Work or a related field of study or equivalent, plus the skills and knowledge typically acquired through 2-4 years of case management work experience with refugee populations. A Masters degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field of study is preferred.
- A demonstrated record of increasingly responsible roles in a mission and outcome driven environment.
- Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
- Highly organized self-starter with proven success managing multiple priorities, making critical decisions and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated success achieving goals and communicating effectively a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base is desired (e.g. Swahili, Arabic, French or Tigrinya).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license, access to personal, insured vehicle, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area (home visits, agency visits, service provider visits etc).
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.#LI-Onsite