- Organization: UN - United Nations
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Consultancy - Consultant - Contractors Agreement
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: Closed
Result of Service
The incumbent is required to:
- Present compiled and cleaned datasets pertaining to specific indicators;
- Present brief summary reports and presentations;
- Assist in the organization of workshop and preparation of meeting reports.
6 MonthsDuties and Responsibilities
The project aims at sustaining a time series of purchasing power parities and other real indicators to enable spatial comparisons of economies and enhance monitoring of SDGs, developing national capacities in the area of price statistics and data treatment, encouraging the application of best practices in national statistical work, and integrating spatial and temporal price indices for better national and regional comparative economic analysis. The project also includes the update of a comprehensive detailed PPP database and innovative tools which allow users to download, analyze and use the developed indicators in user-friendly ways. This project shall provide accessibility to online reliable, timely, comparable, consistent and accountable data for spatial and temporal comparisons of real economy sizes and other important indicators across the region.
The incumbent shall:
- Assist in compiling, processing and manipulating data sets derived from a variety of sources;
- Assemble and examine original statistical material to ensure accuracy, clarity and validity, and make appropriate adjustments;
- Assist in research and drafting papers, reports and presentations;
- Assist in the administrative assistance and backstopping services in the organization of the upcoming regional workshops and trainings that are programmed within the above-captioned project;
- Conduct research and undertake adhoc tasks in areas related to the project field;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics or related area is required.
All candidates must submit a copy of the required educational degree. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
No previous work experience is required for this post. The post requires knowledge of macro-economics and extensive university experience in data analysis, conducting research, and drafting technical report.
Languages English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat; and Arabic is a working language of ESCWA.
For this position, fluency in both English and Arabic is required.
Note: “Fluency” equals a rating of ‘fluent’ in all four areas (speak, read, write, and understand) and “Knowledge of” equals a rating of ‘confident’ in two of the four areas.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: