Explosive Ordenance Risk Education Team Leader
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Mykolaiv
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Education, Learning and Training
- Mine Action and Weapon Contamination
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been operating in Ukraine since 2014 and is currently scaling up its operation in Ukraine to deliver lifesaving assistance and emergency response to people affected by the war.
Overview of the role:
The Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) Team Leader is appointed and dismissed by the order of the Head of Representative Office or an Authorized Representative.
EORE Team Leader is guided in his/her work by this job description, Standard Operating Procedures (hereinafter referred to as SOP) and/or Training Management Plans (hereinafter referred to as TMP), and the current regulations of the Representative Office of the Danish Refugee Council in Ukraine (hereinafter referred to as the DRC).
Planning, Coordination, and Context Analysis
- Produce weekly and monthly activity work plans in collaboration with HDP Programme Manager and report on their progress.
- Ensure field coordination with other EORE providers and flag uncoordinated efforts to HDP Programme Manager.
- Organize and facilitate regular internal EORE team meetings.
- Act as the main Focal Point for DRC HDP Humanitarian Demining, Non-Technical Survey, Victim Assistance, and other DRC sectors to ensure an integrated approach.
- In cooperation with EORE Specialist and HDP Programme Manager, continuously analyse the context, including Explosive Ordnance (EO) contamination.
- Attend EORE local, district, or regional meetings when required.
Implementation of Explosive Ordnance Risk Education
- Upon staffing gaps, conduct direct and online EORE sessions for adults, adolescent, and children according to DRC HDP SOPs, using standard and approved methodologies.
- Upon staffing gaps, conduct EORE Training of Trainers (TOT) for local stakeholders.
- Manage the organization of HMA workshops, events, and other such public events, organized by DRC.
- Supervise Community Liaison (CL) with local communities and conduct Community Liaison with district and regional authorities.
- Plan, supervise, and report on the distribution of EORE informational materials to Information Management and/or HDP Programme Manager.
- Contribute to the development of EORE (informational) materials, methodologies, and tools.
- Support EORE Specialist in the development of EORE SOP and TMP and ensure compliance with said documents by EORE Facilitators and Team Leads.
Reporting and Information Management
- Maintain up-to-date records of EORE activities, based on the inputs from EORE Facilitators and Team Leads.
- Provide inputs to government, donor, and other donor reports, as well as Concept Notes and proposals.
Procurement, Warehouse, and EORE Archives
- Oversee the upkeep of EORE Warehouses in assigned DRC offices, including updated records of EORE assets, and report any challenges to HDP Program Manager.
- Oversee the regular upkeep of the online and offline EORE archives.
- Oversee EORE procurement efforts.
- Directly manage EORE Facilitators and Team Leads and their day-to-day work.
- Recruit and onboard new staff, ensuring their equipment and office needs are met, conduct annual performance reviews, ascertain correct salary budgeting, and raise issues to HDP Programme Manager.
- Acts as the Officer in Charge for the EORE programme when HDP Programme Manager is not available.
Monitoring and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Cooperate during EORE (internal and external) monitoring as well as in-country or HQ Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Contribute to the lessons learned reports on EORE activities.
Experience and technical competencies:
- University degree in Education or Pedagogy or in another relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a humanitarian organisation or an educational institution, with experience managing or coordinating EORE or HMA. Experience working with children, adolescent, and adult audiences, public speaking capacity
- Languages: fluent in Ukrainian and Russian languages, with an advanced level of English
- Computer literacy: advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office package (with focus on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Contract length: 3 months
Band: G– Managerial
Start date: ASAP
Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for international staff or DRC National Staff salary scale.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 28 February 2023
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: