- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Budapest
- Grade: Internship - Internship
- Operations and Administrations
- Human Resources
- Closing Date:
Hardship Level (not applicable for home-based)H (no hardship)
Family Type (not applicable for home-based)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Target Start Date
February 16, 2023
Job Posting End Date
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a full-time internship within the Partnerships and Outreach Unit of the Affiliate Partnerships and Recruitment Section under the Division of Human Resources at UNHCR Global Service Center in Budapest, Hungary.
Terms of Reference
Duration: 6 months
Contract Type: Internship
UNHCR’s Division of Human Resources (DHR) is a strategic, trusted and innovative business partner in enabling UNHCR to protect and respond to persons of concern by attracting, motivating, retaining and developing a talented, diverse and agile workforce, while nurturing a culture of excellence, respect and wellbeing for all.
The Affiliate Partnerships and Recruitment Section (APRS) functions under the Division of Human Resources (DHR). The mission of APRS is to ensure that UNHCR can attract the best talent and the right person for the right job.
The Recruitment Unit of APRS supports operations with the timely provision of highly skilled human resources. The unit delivers recruitment exercises, including screening, assessing and selection of external candidates under Talent Pools, International Fixed Term and Temporary Appointments, and Internships, as well as provides support and advice to job applicants, candidates and hiring managers on various administrative and human resources related issues.
We are seeking a motivated and proactive intern who will support the Partnerships and Outreach Unit in Budapest.
Duties and responsibilities
• Assist with reviewing all available signed UNHCR partnership agreements and keep relevant tracking database up-to-date;
• Help prepare draft communications and presentations to Partners or other stakeholders;
• Participate in the International Volunteer Day Organizer Committee and assist with related tasks;
• Compile statistical data on affiliate workforce and sponsored interns for reporting purposes;
• Help review specific Intranet page structures and propose new set-up / shape if necessary;
• Review and update guidance notes on specific recruitment schemes (e.g. UN Youth Volunteer) based on applicable UNHCR and Partner Policies;
• Help review reference verification process, related agreements, documents applicable to UN Volunteers;
• Other tasks as assigned to support the work of the Partnerships and Outreach Unit.
Minimum qualifications required
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Be either a recent graduate (having completed their studies within one year of applying) or a current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
• Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of UNHCR.
NOTE: An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder, is not eligible for an internship.
• Fluency in English at minimum B2 level.
Desirable qualifications and skills:
• Interest in recruitment, human resources and/or partnership management in the non-profit sector;
• Excellent communication skills, ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff;
• Have excellent organizational and planning skills, ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task;
• Attention to detail;
• Good problem-solving skills;
• Client service ethic;
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
It is a full-time role (40 hours per week). The successful candidate will be assigned to support the team in Budapest, Hungary; however, bearing in mind COVID-19 imposed restrictions, remote working arrangements are possible, and working from home will in any case sometimes be required.
Allowance: Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to partially help to cover the cost of food, local transportation and living expenses.
Candidates might be required to sit a written test.
Standard Job Description
Other informationThis position doesn't require a functional clearance