Public Health Officer
- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: Tunis
- Grade: Mid level - NO-D, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: Closed
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMEThe programme aims to support the strengthening of public health services includingimmunization, mother, child, adolescent and elderly health, antimicrobialresistance, communicable diseases prevention and care in Tunisia.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESThe incumbent will perform the following duties:Provide strategic and technical guidance in liaison with the national authorities inthe development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the joint MoH/WHO programme budget to be aligned with the WHO GPW13 plans with a focus on communicable disease, AMR, MCH, adolescent and elderly heath. Identify critical gaps and needs with regards to the related programmes, workforce, infrastructure and network and develop a work plan with timeline to ensure smooth project information flow on activities.Ensure timely implementation of the collaborative programmes through planning, operationalization, monitoring and evaluation of WHO supported activities. Develop, update and adapt the relevant national guidelines, materials and tools related to integration of mother and child health, elderly health, AMR and prevention and treatment of communicable diseases at primary health care level Provide technical advice on introducing new vaccines, new treatment and new technologiesto strengthen the prevention, control and management of diseases,and to prevent antimicrobial resistance. Promote partnership by contributing and engaging in task forces, thematic groups and other similar forums on national, regional and global health system strengthening and on neonatal, children, adolescent and maternal, and antimicrobial resistance programs that would serve WHO technical support to thecountry.Liaise with counterparts, scientific bodies, to facilitate exchange of information and sharing of lessons learned from other countries, facilitate the discussions around the health sector with partners and through the donor forum. Develop and revise training modules and conduct capacity building activities to the national workforce. Supervise the procurement process of medical and laboratory equipment, including kits, accessoriesbased on country needs assessment in the context of epidemic outbreaksAdvocate for aid effectiveness and lead fund raising efforts with foundations, NGOs and international institutions in order to foster partnership between WHO and theseorganizations and institutions as well as to reinforce technical cooperation atthe country level.
EducationEssential: Advanced University degree (Master's Degree) in Medicine, Public Health, immunization or statistics
ExperienceEssential: At least 7 years of relevant experience with international exposure in the field of Public Health.
Desirable: 5 years Working experience with WHO or UNAgencies
Skills- Demonstrated ability to assess, plan, coordinate and monitor related activities.Sound knowledge of public health issues.Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with national counterparts and country office staff at all levels.Ability to work under pressure
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language SkillsEssential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of French. Expert knowledge of Local language .
REMUNERATIONRemuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at TND 81,310 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
This vacancy is now closed.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you:
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: