Knowledge Management Officer (Jr CST)
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: Closed
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Relations, Political Science, Information / Knowledge Management or other relevant fields to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience.
Experience: One year of professional experience, including volunteering or internships. Experience with WFP is a plus.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English language.
The Knowledge Management (KM) Officer will support the implementation and update of the Programme – Humanitarian and Development (PRO) Division KM strategy, including the delivery of key knowledge projects and products for the PRO Division and wider Programme and Policy Development (PD) Department. Reporting to the Front Office Manager in the Programme – Humanitarian and Development (PRO) Division, they will support the implementation of the PRO Division KM Strategy and the workplan, in collaboration with PRO and PD KM focal points. This includes:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Knowledge platform management:
- Ensure maintenance of various programmatic knowledge management platforms, including but not limited to WFP’s Programme Guidance Manual, relevant pages on the WFP intranet, and document repositories
2. Manage platform inquiries from content owners as well as from end-users.
3. Contribute to development of new knowledge platforms according to organizational needs.
4. Knowledge management projects / products:
- Organize and deliver the PD Strategic Webinar series, and other knowledge sharing activities related to PD and PRO programmatic areas.
- Development and issuance of the PRO Division newsletter series, in collaboration with PRO and PD KM focal points.
5. Learning and evidence:
- Liaise with PD Staffing Coordination Office to ensure that the latest programmatic knowledge is adequately and timely integrated into the global programme training portfolio, such as in the update of foundational learning journeys for Programme staff.
- Contribute to the development of new processes for systematically capturing and sharing programmatic lessons learned and good practices.
- Support ad hoc research and other requests on themes and topics relating to KM.
- Support the implementation of PRO KM activities with regard to external engagements and technical assistance to governments.
6. Knowledge Management Coordination:
- Support the strengthening of KM coordination across the PD department as well as with KM focal points in Regional Bureaus and WFP Centres of Excellence, including on common activities and on regular exchange of information for better coordination on KM activities.
7. Other tasks as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Number of openings: ONE
Based in: Rome, Italy
Type of Contract: Regular Consultant
Level: Junior CST
Duration: 11 months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
16 February 2023
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: