Campaigns Analyst, Powering Healthcare
Remote - Based | New York City | Washington D.C. | Vienna
- Organization: SEforALL - Sustainable Energy for All
- Location: Remote | Remote - Based | New York City | Washington D.C. | Vienna
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Communication and Public Information
- Renewable Energy sector
- Marketing (Digital, Advertisement, Brand, Promotion)
- Closing Date: Closed
Background About SEforALL
Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) is an international organization working with leaders in government, the private sector and civil society to drive further, faster action toward achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG7), which calls for universal access to sustainable energy by 2030, and the Paris Agreement, which calls for reducing greenhouse gas emissions to limit climate warming to below 2° Celsius. Achieving these goals will require a radical rethink of the way we produce, distribute and consume energy. SEforALL is at the heart of this foundational shift to ensure no one is left behind. Drawing on data and evidence, we identify a critical path to success in achieving SDG7.
Former UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon launched the Sustainable Energy for All initiative in 2011. Now an independent organization, we maintain close links with the UN, including through a relationship agreement, partnerships with UN agencies and with SEforALL's CEO acting as the UN Secretary-General's Special Representative for Sustainable Energy for All and Co-Chair of UN-Energy. These roles include advising the UN Secretary General and his staff on issues relating to sustainable energy and the implementation of SDG7 and supporting the coordination of sustainable energy issues in the United Nations system.
The ambitions of SDG7 are extraordinary. Aiming to achieve them in the context of the Paris Agreement on climate change involves transformation at a scale never undertaken before. Swift action must be taken by leaders in governments, private sector companies, institutions, financiers, development banks, unions, communities, entrepreneurs and civil society. As we enter the final decade to achieve SDG7, SEforALL has strategically chosen to strengthen global agenda-setting while expanding its activities to an engagement model that prioritizes data-driven decision-making, partnerships with high-impact countries and implementation on the ground. The new SEforALL three-year business plan outlines “results offers” that scope out our planned interventions and demonstrate to our funding partners the impact of their support.
Context and Objective of the Results Offer
SEforALL’s Powering Healthcare program seeks to create stronger and more resilient health systems in Africa and Asia by accelerating the development and deployment of clean energy solutions in health facilities.
We do this by providing the impetus and solutions needed by governments and their partners to increase investment in and the sustainability of health facility electrification efforts. Our objectives are to:
- Build an investment case for powering healthcare to ensure access to adequate and reliable power in healthcare facilities is prioritized as a necessary input to achieving public health and energy/climate goals.
- Create the core ‘building blocks’ to deliver distributed clean energy solutions to healthcare facilities at scale and in a sustainable manner.
To advance these objective, Powering Healthcare focuses on:
- Bridging the data gap: Building the evidence base for powering healthcare facilities, particularly in the areas of sector intelligence/mapping and impact research;
- Driving innovation: Developing the new ideas and tools (related to, e.g., business models, policy and quality assurance) needed to facilitate wide-scale and sustainable adoption of distributed clean energy solutions in healthcare facilities;
- Mobilizing finance: Promoting innovative finance mechanism to de-risk investments health facility electrification.
- Providing country-level support: Assisting countries in developing and implementing health facility electrification strategies;
- Facilitating global advocacy and leadership: Strengthening political and technical cooperation and knowledge exchange among health and energy players and raising awareness and educating stakeholders on the need and opportunity to provide better health services by powering healthcare facilities.
SEforALL’s Powering Healthcare programme is part of a broader effort by SEforAll to increase the social and economic inclusiveness of electrification efforts.
Objectives of the role
The main objectives of the role include:
- To strengthen Powering Healthcare’s virtual presence and knowledge management
- To enhance knowledge and guidance relevant to the Powering Healthcare programme
- To help exhibit SEforALL’s thought leadership through events (webinars, conferences, workshops etc)
- To strengthen partnerships with stakeholders relevant to Powering Healthcare
Main duties and tasks of the role
Collaborating with the SEforALL communication team, the candidate’s key duties and tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to understand their needs and advance establishment of SEforALL’s Centre of Excellence (COE)1 for Powering Healthcare by overseeing design and management of online platforms relevant to the COE
- Manage the expansion of the Powering Healthcare Energy Compact by analysing gaps and conducting new partner outreach
- Design and implement campaigns that raise awareness and drive action towards the Powering Healthcare agenda
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing to exhibit thought leadership and utilise SEforALL systems and process to share the knowledge. e.g., Salesforce.
- Prepare blogs and articles relevant to the Powering Healthcare program for external publication
- Collaborate with the SEforALL communication team with social media management and website management relevant to the Powering Healthcare program
- Support the organization of events, webinars, workshops, panels including in high-level forums such as COP 28 and World Health Assembly
- Other tasks and duties, as needed
Specific competencies to the role
- Master’s degree in a related field such as economics, business administration, environmental management, energy, statistics or other relevant field.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in supporting communications (including blogs, articles, social media) as well as helping plan webinars/ events and design and implement campaigns
- Proficiency in using knowledge management and dissemination tools
- Knowledge of sustainable energy, energy access, or a relevant sector is desirable
- Knowledge of intergovernmental processes and a focus on building partnerships across the energy and health sectors is highly desirable
- Excellent communicator; full proficiency in written and spoken English; proficiency in other languages (e.g., French) will be considered an advantage
General Competencies for the Role
- Innovation and Adaptability: Has advanced skills and commitment to search for and produce innovative and creative approaches to activities. Is flexible to evolving circumstances, as well as helps others in doing so.
- Resilience and Emotional Intelligence: Has advanced knowledge in the concepts of resilience and emotional intelligence. Is able to remain calm in challenging situations, to cope with setbacks, is responsive to the emotions of others and maintains a high level of performance.
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking: Has an advanced level of analytical and strategic thinking skills. Gathers and processes demanding information, develops sound solutions and contributes recommendations for action to line supervisor/others as appropriate.
- Collaboration and Partnership: Demonstrates advanced initiative and abilities to collaborate and form partnerships in own area of responsibility and across teams. Actively develops and maintains partnerships and displays team-oriented attitude contributing to creating a positive team spirit.
- Lead and Empower: Demonstrates initiative and role model behaviour in leading and empowering others. Takes responsibility for own work activities and personal actions and carries out the commitments agreed upon
- Political and diplomatic understanding: Has an advanced level of political and diplomatic understanding.
- Communicating information: Has proficient skills in communicating information and uses the skills effectively in own scope of work and in others’ work.
- Research and Analytics: Has advanced skills in research and analytics and uses the skills effectively in own scope of work.
- Project Management: Has advanced skills in project management. Plans and organises their own work using project management tools in support of achieving the team’s objectives.
- Client Orientation / Striving for Excellence: Has advanced skills in client orientation and achieving excellency in work delivery.
SEforALL has adopted its own salary scales corresponding to the SEforALL grading system. The minimum yearly salary for this position is EUR 42.080. The actual salary offer will be determined within the scale depending on the successful candidate’s qualification and experience, and applying the principle of internal equity. In addition to the base salary, SEforALL staff receive a benefits package that includes contribution to pension, contribution to health insurance & homeworking allowance.
Please refer to our core values as defined here: https://www.seforall.org/who-we-are/staff/our-values.
- SEforALL offers exciting high-impact assignments, a collegial and creative work environment, and the opportunity for committed professionals to thrive and grow within flat hierarchies and in the pursuit of an inspiring mission.
- SEforALL provides competitive compensation packages at its locations in Vienna, Washington DC and New York City, and flexibility and result orientated modern workplace arrangements.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- SEforALL reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.
Your data will not be passed on to third parties outside SEforALL. We will only use your data to the extent necessary for the purposes of selecting personnel in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations. We will only disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by a court´s or administrative authority´s decision. In such a case, we will inform you as soon as possible of such an order so that you can take legal action against it if necessary. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you require updates to your information in accordance with Art. 5 lit. d of the GDPR
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: