Partnerships Finance Officer
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date:
Background: The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
As of February 24th, the IRC has pivoted to an emergency response in Ukraine and now we are working in multiple locations in Ukraine providing assistance to our clients in the fields of economic recovery and development, protection and health.
The Partnership Finance Officer is a position supporting the Ukraine Country Program - Partnerships Department. With the overall objective of achieving high quality programming, the main goal of this position is to ensure effective review of partner finance reports and documentation as well as provide support to partner finance staff. The Partnership Finance Officer will support in preparing of IRC internal reports and analysis, payment requests and monitoring of partner financial and accounting systems. The position is based in Dnipro, Ukraine.
· Support effective review to partners’ financial reports and supporting documents to ensure compliance with the partnership agreement, donor regulations and IRC policy, providing feedback to partners as necessary and flagging any compliance and financial management issues to IRC management.
· Ensure high collaboration with IRC program staff by having a system of mutual sharing and review of partners reports and updates.
· Liaise with partner organizations to ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of financial reports according PEER system, IRC policies and donors regulations.
· Prepare financial report reconciliations for Program and Finance review and sign off.
· Review and prepare partner cash requests from HQ, ensure a tracking system and matching of advance payments and expenses reported.
· Provide support to the management by tracking all partner budgets and financial reporting deliverables, inform Partnerships Finance manager and the Program focal points of any potential issues with spending and financial reporting.
· Maintain the bookkeeping and files related to all the sub-awards hardcopies and softcopies, filing all sub award financial records and makes it available for management, internal /external audit and review.
· Work with Partnerships Finance Manager and Finance team to collaborate internal and external audit to ensure proper compliance with all regulations and to ensure that all partnerships files in hard and soft copy are 100% audit ready at all times.
Program Support & Capacity Strengthening
· Provide support in preparation and conduct of financial trainings for partner organizations.
· Liaise with partner organizations on regular basis to provide program support in areas of finance.
· Liaise with IRC programs to ensure the consistency between partners’ narrative reports and financial reports.
· Assist in Conducting and document pre-award assessments of potential partner organizations.
· Lead/Participate in financial and general compliance monitoring visits to partner organizations’ offices.
· Any other duties as assigned by the Partnerships Finance Manager
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Partnerships Finance Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Job Requirements: (Applicants missing any of the below requirements will not be considered for the position).
· BA degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or related field;
· Approximately 2-3 years of relevant work experience in Partnership, Audit, Sub grant monitoring, Financial management.
· Ability to conduct review and audit remotely
· Computer literate with significant experience in MS. Office, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
· Previous experience with International NGOs and/or USAID/OFDA, DFID, ECHO projects is highly desirable.
· Familiarity with the Ukrainian context and sealing with Ukrainian partners is highly desirable.
· Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
· Fluency in Ukrainian, confident in English
· Excellent skill with MS. Excel is a must.
· Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks and make decisions.
· Willing to travel within the region.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Working Environment: The position is based in Dnipro with standard office work environment.