Advocacy and Communication Specialist
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Coxs Bazar
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Legal - Broad
- Political Affairs
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date:
Purpose of the Role
IRC Bangladesh seeks an experienced, dynamic individual for the role of communication manager responsible for managing the communication needs for IRC Bangladesh program. This will be through working closely with program and MEAL team to gathering facts on the ground, success stories, and photographs, and assisting with the production of press releases, supporting media coverage and liaising with partners to identify beneficiary impact stories. The Senior Advocacy and Communications and advocacy specialist will also gather and channel information about the IRCs response activities at the field-level in the form of SITREPs, factsheets, infographics case studies and other regular reports for dissemination to staff, partners and donors.
Highlights of core responsibility
Communication strategy and annual plan of action are in place (25%)
· Develop and implement comprehensive communication strategy that aligns with the IRC’s vision & mission, Strategic Action Plan (SAP) and advocacy strategy.
· Develop annual plan for communication in consultation with sector leads and key partner like communication sub sector and like-minded organizations.
· Support Head of Advocacy and Communication to develop and implement the Standard operational procedure (SOP) for communication.
· Work closely with grants team to incorporate communication activities/contents in all grants proposals and cover communication section during donor’s completion report. Liaise with the grants team to support meeting HQ information requests and donor visibility requirements.
Built collaborative relationship with divers’ stakeholder form local to national level (25%)
· Work closely with all sectors, global communication teams, communication working group, IRC’s partners to produce communication content such as video documentaries, audio story, human stories, Client’s interview, photo essay etc. which meets national and global priorities.
· Maintain professional relationship with mainstreaming media (Newspaper, TV, Radio) to promote IRC’s programs and mitigate all potential risk from local to national level. Proactively identify opportunities for placing articles, op-ed pieces, speaking engagements, podcasts, press release and other content to the appropriate channels.
· In consultation with Head of Advocacy and Communication, Senior Management team organize periodically media visits to promote IRC’s response, advocacy priorities and partnerships, resulting in high-quality, premier coverage.
Capacity of staff on collecting & writing stories, taking good photo and video footage (10%)
· Coordinate a process to build capacity of IRC’s and its partners staffs on story writing/telling, photography, branding, media risk mitigation, spokesperson.
· Ensure the team can develop high quality Advocacy and Communication products, including the drafting, editing and production of visuals.
· Coordinate a process to build capacity of communication champions therefore they can contribute to developing contents at first place during any emergency.
· Support community programs by providing/guiding design support to produce different IEC/BCC material.
Providing quality and on time support to all sectors by producing high quality communication contents including BCC and IEC (30%)
· Work closely with the program and MEAL teams to collect, capture and document project activities and the needs of Rohingya refugees and host communities in the form of case studies, factsheet, infographic, and other content. Represent the information in an attractive and engaging format that can be shared with the public, media, project stakeholders, partners, and donors.
· Through regular coordination with Program and MEAL teams, as well as collecting the latest available information from UN and other sources, produce SITREPs (dynamic frequency) and daily updates during the height of any emergency.
· Visit field sites regularly to document humanitarian needs and success stories.
Professional & Personal Development (10%)
· Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to IRC’s Core Values, vision, mission in the approach to work and relationships.
· Work and Life balance
· Current career plan that is consistent with IRC’s strategic goal