General coordinator (head of mission) (F/M) - Afghanistan
- Organization: MDM - Médecins du Monde
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-08
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM is currently operating in Kabul, with a programme aimed at increasing access to integrated primary healthcare services – including nutrition, MHPSS and Reproductive, Maternal, Neonat and Adolescent Health (RMNACH) – for IDPs and host communities, supporting one district hospital.
MdM longer-term strategy envisages the expansion of activities in Kabul and to additional provinces in Afghanistan, especially focusing on primary healthcare services.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the desk manager, you are responsible for the overall management of the Afghanistan mission.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Recruit, manage, train and motivate the mission’s team
- Define the operational and advocacy strategy together with the coordination team, the desk manager and the volunteer board delegates of the mission
- Plan and monitor activities, implement corrective action when necessary, providing technical support to the team
- Represent MdM with authorities, local actors, partners, donors and the media
- Monitor partnership agreements with partners, authorities and donors, seek out and develop new partnerships, and ensure or supervise fundraising
- Ensure the financial coverage of the mission by leading fundraising and budget management
- Draft, adapt and monitor safety regulations and procedures and coordinate crisis management in the region
- Implement and monitor the application of MdM’s programmatic and support services framework, policies and procedures
- Supervise reporting to MdM and donors
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract
Duration : 6 mois
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 175 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
University degree in line with position
Minimum 5 years of experience in the humanitarian sector
Previous experience in a similar position
Proven managerial experience within complex/insecure environments
Experience in representation with humanitarian actors, authorities and donors
Experience in challenging negotiations with local authorities and staff
Substantial experience in safety and security management in volatile contexts
Good understanding of support services tools and guidelines
Experience in managing medical program in an asset
Previous experience in Afghanistan is an assset
Excellent communication skills, listening and diplomacy skills
Ability to lead a team in a complex environment and take relevant decisions according to the context
Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Mapping skills with Google Earth or ArcGIS
Languages: Fluent in English is mandatory (oral and written), knowledge of Dari or Pashto is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please click on the following link to apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JqFFpNjL?idpartenaire=128