Regional Investigation Specialist - Middle East Office - Open to National candidates only
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Internal audit, Investigation and Inspection
- Closing Date: Closed
The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for supporting and conducting internal investigations in the region, in coordination with the Head Office (HO) Anti-Corruption and Investigation Specialist and relevant regional and country office staff. The Regional Investigation Specialist will mainly conduct and advise on administrative, internal investigations into allegations of misconduct, but also on other potential violations of NRC’s rules and regulations as needed.
The Regional Investigation Specialist is responsible for providing expert advice and to actively contribute to NRC’s wider learning on corruption risk reduction specifically, but also on other areas such as on Protection against Social Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) as advised by the technical line.
What you will do
- Ensure a strategic and compliant approach to investigations procedures in accordance with the NRC investigation guidelines.
- Prepare investigation plans in coordination with the HO Anti-Corruption & Investigation Specialist and the Head of PSEA.
- Conduct fair and transparent internal investigations in accordance with agreed plans and complete investigation reports with clear responsive recommendations.
- Support, guide and oversee or manage investigations remotely that are being conducted by NRC staff in Country Offices (COs) in line with NRC standards.
- Advise and train NRC managers and staff on prevention and reduction of fraud, corruption, and dishonest loss in collaboration with the Regional Office(RO) and Country Office (CO) Risk and Compliance units and on PSEA in collaboration with the HO PSEA Unit.
- Actively promote anti-corruption and PSEA best practises and contribute to the NRC global learning by sharing success stories, system gaps and risk patterns. Support the corruption risk identification and assessment processes for country offices in collaboration with the RO and CO Risk and Compliance units.
- When required, travel to carry out high-quality, internal investigations in country offices in the region or other NRC locations, including documentation analysis, interviews of witness’s and subjects of concern and other investigative actions. Position may require extensive travel.
- Prepare regular analysis reports for regional management, the HO Anti-Corruption and Investigation Specialist, and the HO Head of PSEA, outlining trends and highlighting specific issues related to investigations and corruption in the region.
- Contribute to the development and roll out of capacity building programmes (in country offices), including but not limited to Code of Conduct, investigations, Incident Management Committee, and Anti-Corruption. Conduct training to reinforce investigation capacities in the region and provide guidance to employees as potential whistle-blowers.
- Co-ordinate with Risk & Compliance and other sections on the follow up of investigations and recommendations based on findings and trends
Professional competencies, Qualifications & Skills
- Recognised qualification in investigations, law or other related field, or significant training and experience in the field of investigations
- Formal training and/or certification in investigative methodology (ACFE, CIP)
- At least 5 years investigative experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Context/Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic.
- Experience with administrative investigations
- Relevant international management work experience in the humanitarian sector, ideally in conflict or post-conflict settings
- Clear ethical focus, high integrity, and ability to confidentially handle sensitive information
- Analytical thinking
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Initiating action and change
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
What We Offer
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take initiative.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Grade: Grade 9
Reports to : Regional Head of Risk & Compliance - Middle East
Duty station: Amman, Jordan
Duration and type of contract: 24 months
Salary: Based Upon NRC salary Scale.
For more detailed information, find the detailed Job Description
We invite applications from all qualified and interested national candidates. Send in your application by latest February 22, 2023.
Please ensure you attach copies of your academic and professional certificates.
This advert is open to all nationals.
For any queries, please email us at email@example.com with the "Job Title" as the subject.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: