- Organization: Tetra Tech - Modern Cooking for Healthy Forests
- Location: Burlington
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: Closed
Tetra Tech International Development (http://tetratechintdev.com) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an IT Specialist. This position will be based on site at our home office in Burlington, VT.
Position Description: The IT Specialist is in the Technology and Information Management Services (TIMS) Group and reports to the Director of TIMS. This technician is responsible for in-person and remote end-user support, troubleshooting, and systems monitoring. The role requires creativity, strong intercultural and communication skills, and solid problem-solving skills to deliver the high level of service required by our users.
* Provide daily user support to Home Office and overseas staff and IT-equipment management, including connectivity, groups, and passwords, installing, and upgrading software, installing hardware, configuring systems and applications, setting up laptops for new users, providing copier/printer and audio-visual support;
* Manage both hardware and software inventory and generate quarterly reports;
* Support rollout of IT systems for project startups. Monitor and report on the status and function of IT systems in field offices;
* Serve as primary contact for internal customers to the IT team, handling requests as appropriate and passing off others as required;
* Ensure proper help desk ticket management and resolution using accepted standards and procedures;
* Collaborate across departments to develop and fulfill training requirements for home office and field staff;
* Identify, evaluate, and recommend new technologies as requested;
* Frequently interact with internal and external users including staff, clients, and management where courtesy, tact, cooperation, and negotiation are required to problem-solve user issues;
* Provides basic system administration training to local IT staff in the field.
* Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or related field preferred;
* A minimum of two years of related technical or help desk experience;
* Willingness and ability to travel;
* Willingness to work flexible hours as the job will sometimes require after-hours work;
* Knowledge of basic computer hardware. Experience with desktop and server operating
* Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills. Analytical and problem-solving abilities with keen attention to detail;
* Self-motivated and directed with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
* Strong customer-service orientation. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes intense work environment as we are a 24/7/365 operation;
* Knowledge of advanced SharePoint and Office 365 features is preferred but not required;
* Any related IT certifications will be a plus;
* Previous experience working in the International Development field will be a plus;
* Ability to speak at least one foreign language (French, Spanish, or Arabic) will be a plus; and
* U.S. work authorization required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/ITSpecialist2023
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
We are committed to taking a thoughtful, compliant and equitable approach to employment compensation and rate setting. We commit to providing a holistic comprehensive salary analysis, including reviews of individual skill sets and compensable factors related to qualifications, business needs, internal compensation data, and industry and labor market surveys. The anticipated pay range for this position is $62,000 to $65,000.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background. If you need reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: