Recruiter, Global Talent Acquisition Team
- Organization: CHAI - Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Location: United States
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Human Resources
- Closing Date:
Recruiter, Global Talent Acquisition Team
- United States
- Temporary | Full-Time
- Program (Division)
- Human Resources
- Additional Location Description
- This position can be based in the North America or a Program Country in Sub Saharan Africa pending country leadership approval.
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to our mission of saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries. We work at the invitation of governments to support them and the private sector to create and sustain high-quality health systems.
CHAI was founded in 2002 in response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic with the goal of dramatically reducing the price of life-saving drugs and increasing access to these medicines in the countries with the highest burden of the disease. Over the following two decades, CHAI has expanded its focus. Today, along with HIV, we work in conjunction with our partners to prevent and treat infectious diseases such as COVID-19, malaria, tuberculosis, and hepatitis. Our work has also expanded into cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and other non-communicable diseases, and we work to accelerate the rollout of lifesaving vaccines, reduce maternal and child mortality, combat chronic malnutrition, and increase access to assistive technology. We are investing in horizontal approaches to strengthen health systems through programs in human resources for health, digital health, and health financing. With each new and innovative program, our strategy is grounded in maximizing sustainable impact at scale, ensuring that governments lead the solutions, that programs are designed to scale nationally, and learnings are shared globally.
At CHAI, our people are our greatest asset, and none of this work would be possible without their talent, time, dedication and passion for our mission and values. We are a highly diverse team of enthusiastic individuals across 40 countries with a broad range of skillsets and life experiences. CHAI is deeply grounded in the countries we work in, with majority of our staff based in program countries. Learn more about our exciting work: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
About the Talent Acquisition Team
The Global Talent Acquisition (TA) Team partners with CHAI’s leadership and management teams to ensure that we attract and hire candidates to fulfil our human resources needs. Due to the success of our initiative we continue to grow exponentially. As a result, the TA Team plays a critical role to recruit and hire staff that will be a part of an organization proud of its culture and values. At CHAI, we work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. Our teams are respectful, collaborative, humble and thrive in an uncompromising culture of excellence.
About the Position
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the TA Team until 31 December 2023 to support ongoing hiring needs across Sub-Saharan Africa, Central America, and North America. Successful applicants will have a strong interest in global health and/or international development and a proven track record in sourcing, screening and hiring qualified candidates – as well as managing administrative processes. Ideally the successful individual will have previous experience working within an international organization and be comfortable working with geographically dispersed teams in a virtual capacity.
The Recruiter will be part of a team whose mission is to support our global programs & country teams. The Recruiter will partner with hiring managers around the world to determine staffing needs, job profiles and sourcing strategies. The Recruiter will also be responsible for helping maintain team efficiency by supporting TA Operations, outreach events, and streamlining of processes.
This is a short term position until 31 December 2023. This position can be based in North America or a Program Country in Sub Saharan Africa pending country leadership approval.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers and internal HR departments.
- Act as advisor to hiring managers to determine staffing needs and profiles for each open position
- Work with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition team colleagues to identify best sourcing for each position
- Develop a pipeline of qualified candidates using diverse, cost-effective techniques
- Manage applicant/staff information and status in the applicant tracking database; ensuring the highest integrity of data.
- Provide timely and consistent communication to hiring teams and candidates on the recruitment status, throughout the interviewing and hiring process.
- Identify and screen potential candidates to assess their abilities, and recommend qualified candidates based on phone interview and pre-employment assessment;
- Proactively manage internal referrals.
- Manage internal candidate placements.
- Contribute to outreach strategy, systems development and refining recruitment programs, tools and processes.
- Collaborate with HR partners on onboarding, immigration, and related issues.
- Communicate CHAI’s compensation framework to candidates. Ensure realistic expectations are set with each candidate.
- Extend both verbal and written job offers, negotiate offer terms with candidates. Collaborate with Global Human Resource Partners, Directors & Coordinators to ensure onboarding is streamlined.
- Provide guidance on talent acquisition best practices & policies and customize best practices to align with country context.
- Work closely with members of CHAI’s Talent Acquisition Team on ad hoc recruitment projects and provide other administrative support to HR staff as needed.
- Other responsibilities as needed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree & a minimum of 3 years proven Recruiting experience
- Adept interpersonal skills; strength in developing and maintaining client-management relationships, particularly in a virtual capacity
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Experience in creative sourcing and applicant development
- Demonstrated experience conducting behavioural interviews
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with and providing feedback to hiring managers
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as with a team in a virtual capacity
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure
- Experience presenting to large audiences or other relevant public speaking experience preferred
- Familiar with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion best practices in recruitment.
- Prior experience living or working in a low or middle income country
- Experience recruiting internationally preferred
- Fluency in Spanish or French