Programme Coordinator - Humanitarian Response
- Organization: SOS Children’s Villages International
- Location: Faridabad
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation, we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We are committed for safeguarding and protecting children in our programmes by having zero tolerance policy in this regard. We are further committed to provide a safe environment for staff and children, young people and adults with whom we work, where human rights are respected and upheld, and healthy relations fostered by building organisational systems, capacity, and awareness on PSHEA (prevention and protection against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) guidelines. All our co-workers are obliged to follow our policy on Child Safeguarding and Protection, PSHEA and Code of Conduct. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed:
This position will be responsible to ensure effective and efficient management of the Humanitarian Response Programmes and Disaster Preparedness in the SOS Children’s Villages’ (SOS CVI) in region Asia. The incumbent will report to the ‘Programme Advisor – Institutional Partnership Development (IPD)’.
Location: Asian Member Associations where SOS Children’s Villages is located.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Plan and implement humanitarian work of SOS CVI in the Asia region and establishing clear cross-organizational mechanisms to engage different member countries in disaster preparedness.
• Contribute to the development of a regional humanitarian strategy for care and protection of children and families with short team and long term needs.
• Support country programs for development of emergency preparedness capacity in identified high-risk countries to ensure high levels of response preparedness in line with ALERT Standards and deliver appropriate responses.
Programme development and implementation
• Initiate and oversee the implementation of SOS CVI's humanitarian programmes in the Asia region in line with the SOS CVI’s humanitarian response framework and other global frameworks and standards. This will involve developing and monitoring responses to longer-term emergencies as well as reacting to rapid onset emergencies.
• Collaborate with the emergency response focal points in the member countries, National Directors and other co-workers and teams assigned for delivering and supporting humanitarian response, including response planning, logistics, procurement, budget management and communications;
• Provide overall support to large-scale humanitarian operations when required, including coordinating initial response, remote management of staff and oversight of programmes across the region;
• Guidance and support to ensure that SOS CV field teams and network members can benefit from appropriate technical tools, standards and guidelines to support quality humanitarian response.
• Knowledge and Information management, development of knowledge products on emergency response.
• Undertake various documentation needs such as situation reports, status updates, progress reports and proposal development needs of emergency response for the federation and the donors.
Network Support and Coordination
• Build relationships with network members, government authorities, donors, and local and international humanitarian agencies to effectively position SOS CVI as a child care organization with humanitarian response footprints and capacity.
• Work with other Regional Programme Advisors (esp. advocacy) and to action inclusion of the member countries and the Asia regional office in regional networks humanitarian policy and practice;
• Ensure external network members have direct access to information on SOS CV’s humanitarian responses to support their ability to understand the situation and contribute to the response (e.g. through funding or deployment of staff);
• Represent SOS CVI in external forums of humanitarian response
Capacity Building and Learning
• Establish systems for institutional learning from SOS CVI humanitarian programmes and disseminate the results within the SOS federation and with external networks.
• Develop the capacity of member countries, network members and partners in emergency preparedness, design, implementation and monitoring of humanitarian response programmes to deliver high-quality multi-sectoral humanitarian responses in line with the SOS CVI’s humanitarian framework;
• In collaboration with Fund Development and Institutional Partnership Development, provide support to the member countries and external network members in drafting and submission of concept notes, project proposals and humanitarian appeals for internal funding by other federation members of the SOS CVI as well as external donors;
• Support in fostering partnership with key donors and support member countries in securing funds for humanitarian response.
Qualification & Experience:
• Should have a degree or diploma in Social Science/Social Work/Development Studies/Disaster Management/, Management or development related subjects
• Overall,10-12 years of experience of development sector with minimum five years’ experience in execution and monitoring of humanitarian response projects and disaster preparedness.
• Fair knowledge of UNCRC
Essential Values, Behaviours and Skills:
• Understanding of humanitarian standards including SPHERE and Core Humanitarian Standards
• Experience of working with network of organizations on humanitarian preparedness and response
• Experience of execution and monitoring of humanitarian response projects and disaster preparedness in Asia.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of community development
• Capacity building, facilitation and networking skills
• Capacity to design humanitarian response projects, formulate log frame, proposals and budgets
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and local language.
• Good knowledge of Programme Development.
• High interpersonal skills and team orientation
• Good computer skills.
• Willing to travel as and when required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will match industry standards
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by Feb 25, 2023
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: