Portfolio Management Associate - Funds & Equity
- Organization: AIIB - Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Location: Beijing
- Grade: Junior level - Junior - Internationally recruited position
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Project and Programme Management
- Impact investing, Social venture capital
- Closing Date: Closed
Department: Implementation Monitoring Department
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: Feb. 13, 2023
Closing Date: Mar. 27, 2023
Portfolio Management Associate – Funds & Equity
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Implementation Monitoring Department (IMD) is responsible for monitoring AIIB’s rapidly growing investment portfolio, which includes loans and equity investments with or without sovereign guarantees and assisting management and project teams to ensure portfolio quality.
To strengthen its portfolio management capabilities, IMD is recruiting a Portfolio Management Associate (PMA) with a particular focus on IMD’s equity portfolio. The main responsibility will be to support and assist Portfolio Management Officers (PMOs) in actively monitoring and managing equity portfolio (including both direct and indirect equity investments) to ensure that AIIB’s strategic objectives are met in terms of development impact and financial sustainability.
Assist PMOs in carrying out various monitoring tasks, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Supervise the financial performance of funds or investee companies.
- Assure fund/asset managers or client companies compliance with investment agreements as well as timely delivery of any reporting and/or other requirements.
- Analyze periodic financial statements and other reports and develop an informed opinion about expected future performance while identifying and updating risk factors.
- Process updates and provide recommendations to the Risk Management Department regarding the internal ratings of equity assets, track evolution over time and flag any negative developments or downgrades for further scrutiny.
- Perform periodic valuation of AIIB’s equity investments and monitor progress toward achieving original investment goals.
- Process disbursements from AIIB to the investee companies of funds, as well as the receipt of dividends, bonus shares and/or the impact of stock-splits.
- Identify and provide early warnings to management about critical deviations from the original investment thesis or newly emerging risks, while simultaneously proposing appropriate action plans or remedies and coordinating related activities with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with IMD teams that are managing direct equity projects and ensure consistent approaches.
- Represent IMD in cross-departmental discussions on topics relating to funds and bonds, as well as direct equity investments.
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned by IMD.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant working experience in managing equity investments including fund investments.
- Basic knowledge of major infrastructure sectors, such as energy, transport, water, and/or urban development.
- Strong analytical skills, experience in financial modeling and financial analysis of investment projects would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues (translated into effective oral and written briefs) and ability to comprehend complex project contracts.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in economics, finance, business administration, international relations, social sciences, or similar fields relevant to AIIB’s operations.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: