Family Reunification Specialist
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Turlock
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Closing Date:
The R&P Family Reunification Specialist coordinates the completion and submission of family reunification applications managed within the Reception and Placement (R&P) program. The Specialist identifies current clients eligible to file such applications and conducts community outreach to advertise the programs. The Specialist works with clients to prepare and submit applications to Headquarters.
- Participate in training webinars hosted by IRC headquarters on family reunification programs of focus, including Lautenberg applications and/or P3 AORs and/or P2 CAM AORs as needed
- Communicate program eligibility and requirements to clients; collect documentation from clients in order to complete applications on their behalf.
- Outreach as needed in Stanislaus, San Joaquin, and Fresno counties
- Complete applications in the IRIS database; monitor database for updates and corrections needed; communicate with IRC headquarters staff on any questions or corrections needed.
- Track applications in order to respond to client inquiries after submission.
- Other R&P duties as assigned.
- 1-2+ years of experience in refugee resettlement or immigration field; knowledge of the US resettlement program and family reunification pathways preferred.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe; familiarity with IRIS a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Solid diplomatic and networking skills: the ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships.
- Multi-cultural sensitivity and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines; strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in English required.
- Russian/Ukrainian speaking and reading ability strongly preferred.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and “field” time in and around the service delivery area. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this position will initially consist of remote work, though applicants should be prepared to potentially shift to onsite service delivery. Work arrangements and re-opening procedures are being evaluated on an ongoing basis to protect the health and safety of IRC staff and clients. All in-office and field work will require strict adherence to all local and IRC-specific PPE and social distancing policies.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.