- Organization: CIMMYT - International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center
- Location: Mexico City
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Closing Date:
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Concierge to assist internal and external visitors with their general inquiries and attend to their needs regarding housing, maintenance, as well as cultural events, ensuring timely and good service.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Reception, welcome, and delivery of keys to guests upon their arrival to CIMMYT.
- Make sure that the common hospitality areas in the housing and guesthouse complex are tidy and clean to provide maximum service and comfort to internal and external guests.
- Support in services requested for guests (taxi, internal transportation, Comedor, etc.)
- Support the guests and employees to make them aware of the reservation process of common areas.
- Advice and logistic support for guests on cultural trips and events (Reservations for restaurants or events purchase of tickets for events, etc.)
- Verify that the keys open the room before the guest arrives.
- Support in case the guest forgets the key inside the room.
- Mail and parcel Reception
- Keep the reception and glass doors clean. Keep the reception plants.
- Monitor security in the hospitality areas. Make security rounds within the hospitality area.
- Change the water bottles of the dispensers when they are empty.
- Inspection of gym equipment and reporting to the Supervisor.
- Provide appliances and materials available in Hospitality on guest’s request.
- Carry out cleaning or urgent maintenance tasks when necessary.
- Carry out easy maintenance services in the Hospitality area (preventive maintenance, change of lights, change batteries in a safe, etc.)
- Support in cases of emergency (locate a doctor, call an ambulance, contact the CIMMYT security area, etc.)
- Take part in events in the Hospitality area.
- Perform any additional tasks as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Minimum Highschool diploma.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Availability for rotating shifts.
- Intermediate English level.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Achievement Orientation, Pro-Activity, Multi-Cultural Awareness, Sensitivity, and Customer / Client Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law, our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M23123 Concierge.
For further information on the selection process, please contact Martin Lem (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.