INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY – COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
- Organization: APHRC - African Population and Health Research Center
- Grade: Internship - Internship
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: Closed
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks a Communications Intern to join the Policy Engagement and Communication Division – Medical Oxygen Project, for an initial period of three months. Under the mentorship of the Medical Oxygen Project Manager, the intern will learn while supporting the enhancement of the organization’s visual identity through the development of innovative multimedia assets for our website, social media platforms and print products.
- Assist in implementing communications strategies focusing on bringing evidence to decision-makers;
- Assist in developing strategic relationships with critical national and international media to ensure comprehensive coverage of the APHRC work (local and international radio, television, print, and online);
- Assist in developing press and communication materials for media events;
- Assist in researching, writing, and editing in-house publications, including blogs, articles, report summaries, case studies, and human-interest stories;
- Assist in producing and disseminating communication materials, including brochures, posters, infographics, audio-visuals, and policy documents;
- Assist in organizing event for journalists to sensitize and create awareness on APHRC’s work;
- Assist in procurement of outsourced communications related services such as graphic design, videography; and
- Perform any other tasks required to advance the project and the division’s objectives.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A first degree in Communications, Journalism, Film Production, Public Relations, Development Communications, or related field. Should have graduated in the last six (6) months or otherwise be presently enrolled in the final academic year of the aforementioned degree program.
- Strong proficiency in the Adobe Suite (particularly Premiere Pro, InDesign/ illustrator) or an equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in graphic design, video production and photography.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently in mobilizing media coverage and producing quality communication material.
- Networking, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills coupled with resourcefulness, initiative and eager to learn.
The successful candidate will be engaged full time (40 hours/ week) for the period of the internship.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their (one-page) cover letter, (one-page) CV and official/unofficial transcripts through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by February 24, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: