INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT INTERN
- Organization: APHRC - African Population and Health Research Center
- Grade: Internship - Internship
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: Closed
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
The APHRC seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant Intern to learn while providing administrative support to the Medical Oxygen project within the Policy Engagement and Communication Division, for an initial period of three months.
- Support the Medical Oxygen project as guided by the project manager and respond to queries in his absence;
- Schedule appointments for the Program Manager and other members of the team as necessary;
- Coordinate meetings of the program, including preparing documentation and taking minutes as necessary;
- Identify action points during meetings and follow up with the concerned parties to ensure accomplishment;
- Assist in proposal development process taking responsibility for administrative sections of proposals developed and ensuring all application requirements are met;
- Coordinate conference and workshop logistics by preparing draft budgets, making travel and hotel bookings, sending invitations, preparing workshop materials and arranging for per diems and other reimbursements; and
- Perform any other tasks required to advance the project and the division’s objectives.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field; should have graduated in the last six (6) months or otherwise be at an advanced stage of their study program.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of French will be a plus.
- Good planning, financial and organizational skills.
- Ability to assess priorities and manage competing demands with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will be engaged full time (40 hours/ week) for the period of the internship.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their (one-page) cover letter, (one-page) CV and official/unofficial transcripts through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by February 24, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: