Project Coordinator Traceable and Sustainable Palm Oil Supply Chain
- Organization: SNV - Netherlands Development Organisation
- Location: Indonesia
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Supply Chain
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date:
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is an international not-for-profit development organisation whose vision is “A world where across every society, all people live with dignity and have equitable opportunities to sustainably thrive”. In order to do so we focus on Water, Agrifood, and Energy sector. By connecting our global expertise with longstanding in-country presence, we help realise locally-owned solutions in more than 20 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Established in 1965 in the Netherlands, our projects directly benefit millions of people. SNV specializes in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors by developing local capacities, improving performance and services, strengthening governance systems, helping to create access for excluded groups.
In the previous phase, our commitment has been shown in Solidarity Sourcing Palm Oil Supply (SSPOS) project from 2018-2022, where we supported and trained 12,500 independent smallholders in the Muaro Jambi district. SNV will continue supporting independent palm oil smallholders and ensuring they do not involve in deforestation by providing support for better management practices in Muaro Jambi District. SNV will focus on establishing and strengthening smallholder’s capacity and organization, developing their traceability system, and supporting them toward sustainable agriculture practices through certification, such as RSPO. SNV will also introduce the Regenerative Agriculture (RegAg) concept to the ISH palm oil farmers in the district. It will emphasize improving and restoring soil quality by applying organic inputs. The input will enrich the soil biology and its’ carrying capacity. The need for replanting has also grown, and our intervention will address that aspect too.
To coordinate this project, we are looking for qualified national candidate as Project Coordinator.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for leadership and coordination of program planning and management; coordination of programmatic themes; political analysis, including but not limited to:
- Execute overall project management
- Guide the project set-up,
- Manage donor and government relations
- Overall management of all human resources, physical and financial resources related to the project.
- Monitor the performance of the project management team to ensure all milestones set in the annual work plan are achieved, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks, and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans
- Account and report to SNV and the donor on project performance
- Guide knowledge development, documentation, communication, and branding in close collaboration with the donor
- Identify follow-up funding and partnership possibilities, and business development.
- Develop a value chain and commercialize the production of palm oil and alternative crops for income activities
- Closely supervise the MEL to implement baseline study, midterm review, final evaluation, and regular monitoring
- Post-graduate (or bachelor with significant experience) qualification in Agriculture, Forestry, Agronomy, Agricultural Economy, or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsibility work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted donor-funded development projects, preferably in Sumatra Island.
- Having strong experience with commodity supply chains, market development, palm oil, agroforestry, community development, or inclusive business is preferred.
- Solid experience in project management, preferably in foreign aid-funded projects.
- Solid experience in Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Able to strategically inspire and energize project teams.
- Demonstrated experience in managing various stakeholders.
- Excellent social and networking skills, and ability to engage with the private sector, civil society, and governments.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English and Indonesian is required.
Contract Duration: : Initially for one year with possibility for extension
Desired start date: April 2023
How to apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by clicking on the "I'm interested" button by latest 3 March 2023. You are required to upload your CV (not more than 3 pages) with motivation letter addressing the key competency required (not more than 1 page).
Only shortlisted will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.