Resource Development & Advocacy Manager
- Organization: WVI - World Vision International
- Location: Lao
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Legal - Broad
- Political Affairs
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-03-26
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Resource Development & Advocacy Manager, you will provide leadership in designing, developing, and implementing the strategy for resource diversification of World Vision International Lao PDR. You will have a particular focus on enhancing capacity and positioning WV for acquiring grants and private funds. You will lead processes related to proposal development, donor engagement, local partners’ relationship building, and capacity building of WV’s staff in resource diversification and partnership areas. You will also leads advocacy, providing technical guidance to ensure key policy and advocacy issues are adequately addressed in program implementation and dialogues with external stakeholders and ensures that the advocacy strategy is rolled out.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent practical experience (at least five years), in interdisciplinary areas within humanitarian industry, international development and program leadership
- Understanding of multiple donor policies and procedures particularly DFAT, FCDO, USAID, European Union and UN Agencies.
- Demonstrate highly effective influencing and negotiation skills, building strong relationships of mutual trust and prospective donors and clarifying the common agenda.
- Proven experience of incorporating climate change adaptation, safeguarding, gender, disability and social equity issues in to funding submissions and project implementation.
- Extensive demonstrable experience in managing multi and bilateral donor funded grants/contracts and other fund sources in a senior management role.
- The position is based in Vientiane, the National office. Up to 20% to travel within the country; and annual overseas travel to attend Global/Regional Resource Development and Advocacy forums.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply online by 26 MAR 2023.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.