Roving Director – Rolling Application
Title: Roving Director
Location: Thies, Senegal or Bamako, Mali
Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
The Roving Director is a leadership position that will be responsible for leading and implementing key projects across multiple departments and locations while acquiring exposure to the different aspects of the business. The RD will identify and fill gaps, ensuring that all departments are working together to achieve myAgro's goals.
The RD role is a career pathway to roles such as Sales Director, Deputy Country Director Operations, Country Director and other regional roles. It’s an opportunity to have a significant impact on the organization, while learning the ins and outs of myAgro’s work and preparing yourself for the next leadership opportunity.
- As a program leader, assume management of country programs and operations; coordinate project implementation plans and budgets, as well as be responsible for hitting targets.
- Define and execute short and midterm improvements to ensure efficient implementation of a complex portfolio of activities.
- Ensure proper communication across departments, so that strategy and decisions are shared in a transparent manner.
- Design, implement and oversee important strategic projects and departments.
- Manage and/or work closely with the country program sales teams to identify opportunities for improved sales effectiveness and customer service.
- Represent myAgro in meetings with the farmers, government, donors and other important partners when needed.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar work scope (e.g. managing multiple departments, complex business operations)
- Willingness to work in any of the countries myAgro has offices
- Ability to adapt to different contexts
- Experience managing teams across multiple countries
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Fluency in English and French
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and a passion for our mission!
- Health insurance
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Flight benefit - $1,500 annually
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers every day!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.