Senior Health Management Information Systems Officer
- Organization: UN - United Nations
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level - P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
- Public Health and Health Service
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: Closed
Org. Setting and Reporting
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for highly committed personnel wishing to make a change.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a tangible difference for one of the most vulnerable communities in the world, UNRWA would like to hear from you.
The Senior Health Management Information Systems Officer reports to the Director of Health and works closely with the Head of Health Policy Planning.
- Develops and updates, as required, the UNRWA digital health strategy, as part of the agency-wide digital transformation strategy, by establishing the close coordination and collaboration with the relevant staff and departments in UNRWA including Health department staff at headquarters and field offices, and other departments particularly Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD), Education and Relief and Social Services.
- Leads the implementation of the UNRWA digital health strategy, in close coordination with all relevant staff and departments and monitors the implementation of the strategy against the targets and indicators defined in the digital health strategy.
- Develops and updates, as required, the detailed workplans for the new Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems of UNRWA health services and any other health systems. The workplans should define the needed steps to develop and update the new EMR systems, data quality management activities including additional validations, relevant SOPs, budgetary requirements, timelines, and expected outcomes.
- Leads the data quality improvement of the information stored in the EMR systems and other health systems through leading, monitoring and reporting on Health data, including relevant trend analysis, and preparation of corporate Health statistical reports for UNRWA management and for other purposes including ad-hoc inquiries from various internal and external stakeholders; coordinates Health data integration, completeness and accuracy across enterprise systems and reports to enable monitoring on the proper use of the health services and resources as well as other areas identified by the Executive Office and Health Department.
- Facilitates the data analysis though development of relevant reports and dashboards through managing the design, creation, implementation, maintenance and support to a variety of moderate to complex health reports; develops and updates health dashboards to assist HQ and Fields in planning and monitoring of health programme activities and services, as well as internal/external audits and donor requests for information; conducts appropriate research and analysis of health data, statistics and trends and prepares reports with findings and recommendations that will feed into effective planning and decision making within Health and beyond.
- Facilitates and organizes regular communications with the relevant UNRWA staff at the Health Department, the IMTD and all other concerned parties including organizing meetings, tele/video¬conferences and other types of meetings, workshops, conferences etc. as required.
- Follows up on the recruitment of competent staff as required at HQA and Fields’ levels to support the full functioning of the e-Health and other applications, including mobile applications; supervises and motivates her/his team, monitoring performance, providing coaching, and guidance to ensure staff development and enable high performance; leads the development and delivery of high-quality training to health staff Agency-wide on issues related to health information systems and dashboards, data quality and analysis.
UN Core Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity, and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default.
Applying Technical Expertise
Planning and Organizing
Managing Complexity and Change
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews: https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=AYI
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) from an accredited educational institution in health informatics, health information management or any other relevant field of specialization with additional background in project management and/or Information Technology.
A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in health information management, health informatics and management of health information systems in the public or private sector is required.
A minimum of four years of international work experience at a senior level is required.
Unless already serving as an International staff member in the UN Common System, a candidate for an international post must have a minimum of two continuous years of relevant international experience outside UNRWA, and outside the country(s) of which the candidate is a national or holds citizenship, a passport or a national identity number is required.
Sound knowledge of results-based management of humanitarian and development assistance programmes, as well as health information management and monitoring and evaluation is required.
Advanced level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and related applications is required.
- Excellent command on written and spoken English language.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.Special Notice
Type of Contract and duration: 2 years, with the possibility of further extension.
Applicants have to complete the Personal History Profile (PHP) in inspira in order to be considered. The PHP should be completed with full relevant work experience as per the requirements in the Job Opening, in order to be considered.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
A roster may be created from the selection exercise, and successful candidates may become eligible for appointment to the same post or a similar post.
A first level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
NB: work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. The mission of UNRWA is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development under the difficult circumstances in which they live.
For more details on UNRWA, please visit: https://www.unrwa.org/
United Nations Considerations
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Commissioner-General of UNRWA and to assignment by him or her.
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified applicants from under-represented groups.
At UNRWA, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. UNRWA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
UNRWA staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of efficiency, competence, neutrality, impartiality and integrity. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. Candidates will not be considered for employment with UNRWA if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment. The Agency may disqualify applicants who have separated for reason of misconduct, who left a UN Agency while misconduct processes were pending, or who appear on the UN Sanctions List.
UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: