Digital Communication Specialist
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Kiev
- Grade: All levels - NPP - National Project Personnel - Local Contractors Agreement
- Communication and Public Information
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Design (digital, product, graphics or visual design)
- Closing Date: Closed
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The war in Ukraine has placed the entire Ukrainian agrifood system at risk, with significant consequences for food security both in Ukraine and globally. The destruction or damage to agricultural infrastructure and markets, and the disruption of food supply chains is threatening the food security of already vulnerable populations. Agriculture-based livelihoods, a key source of income for 30 percent of the population, are severely impacted. While many Ukrainians are fleeing their communities and/or the country, a significant proportion of the population is staying, facing extreme challenges and thus requiring multisectoral humanitarian assistance.
In this context, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is uniquely positioned in Ukraine to implement a multidimensional and innovative strategy to sustain and restore agrifood systems at scale.
Capitalizing on its technical expertise and in-country experience, in 2023, the strategic approach of the Organization will focus on restoring food security and self-sufficiency in front-line communities (Pillar 1); restoring critical agricultural production and value chains (Pillar 2); and enhancing coordination and technical support to the functioning of critical food system services (Pillar 3). FAO has expanded its presence in Ukraine and established a strong multidisciplinary team. FAO’s country office remains in Kyiv, with field offices in Lviv and Dnipro.
Under the overall supervision of Head of the Office/ Designated Responsible Officer (DRO) in Ukraine, the direct supervision of the FAO Ukraine Communication Coordinator and the technical guidance of the REU Communication Officer for Europe and Central Asia
The Digital Communication Specialist will contribute to raising the visibility of FAO’s ongoing work in Ukraine, working in accordance with FAO’s corporate communications policies and practices.
Tasks and responsibilities
Within the overall scope of work, the Digital Communication Specialist is responsible for the following tasks:
• Develop and implement a social media strategy, in line with FAO social media policy and guidelines, to showcase FAO’s work in Ukraine;
• Support with the establishment of FAO Ukraine country page, blogs and projects’ websites, as well as accounts on Facebook and Flickr;
• Maintain the FAO Ukraine webpages by identifying, drafting and updating content, ensuring compliance with FAO style and corporate web and social media policies;
• Manage FAO Ukraine social media accounts and produce digital content (photos, videos, podcast, GIFs, Animation) as per the FAO Brand Guidelines;
• Research and write digital content in collaboration with technical teams;
• Ensures that all communication materials are appropriately targeted and gender-sensitive;
• Work with graphic designers to produce content for digital channels and campaigns;
• Liaise with the Office of Communication (OCC), either directly or through an agreed focal point/coordinator, to ensure compliance with OCC standards, appropriate review and clearance processes;
• Coordinate with OER, REU and OCC to ensure the relevant content is shared though the regional and global FAO social media channels;
• In regular consultation and coordination with the Communication Coordinator, ensures coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs;
• All communication materials will follow FAO clearance processes and comply with FAO standards, including:
o FAOSTYLE: https://www.fao.org/3/cb8081en/cb8081en.pdf
o FAO terminology http://www.fao.org/faoterm
o FAO names of countries https://www.fao.org/nocs/en
o Story guidelines: http://intranet.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/occ/Quick_Guides/UPDATED-Digital-Storytelling-Guide-EN-FINAL.pdf
o Story template http://intranet.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/occ/Quick_Guides/FAO-Stories-Template-UPDATED.pdf
• Performs other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University (Bachelor or equivalent) degree in communication, social science, journalism, political science or a related field.
• At least two year of relevant experience in digital communication, content production for digital platforms and web management.
• Working knowledge (level C) of English and proficiency in Ukrainian language.
• National of Ukraine
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Ability to take ownership and accountability for assigned processes and to work autonomously
• Rigor and demonstrated attention to detail
• Quality of both oral and written communication skills
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: