Corporate campaign lead | full time, remote-working from a European location
- Organization: EBC - Europe Beyond Coal
- Location: Remote | Germany
- Grade: Senior level - Senior
- Renewable Energy sector
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Closing Date: Closed
The role of the corporate campaign lead is to develop and coordinate a campaign strategy that shifts the corporate sector (non-energy corporations, energy companies, private financial institutions) away from coal and gas to a renewables-based, efficient, electrified business model as part of an overall power sector campaign. In order to do so, they will lead a team of corporate campaigners and collaborate with a wide range of partner organisations and allies. The position will have a particular focus on developing the campaign specific to non-energy corporations.
About Europe Beyond Coal
Europe Beyond Coal (EBC) is an alliance of civil society groups working to ensure a just transition to a fossil-free, fully renewables-based European energy sector. This means exiting coal entirely by 2030 at the latest, and fossil gas by 2035 in the power sector. This independent campaign is committed to transforming the European energy system so that it protects people, nature and our global climate.
- Lead on and develop with the coalition the overarching ‘corporate’ campaign strategy across energy companies, financial institutions and energy intense business, working with a team of secretariat corporate campaigners as well as partner organisations and allies.
- Together with partner organizations, develop and implement a campaign specifically targeting non-energy corporations and sectors that currently rely on fossil-based energy.
- Identify gaps and capacity needs as well as put in place together with partners appropriate working structures; support and potentially co-convene working groups or task forces.
- Activate and support partners, especially at national level, as part of developing the strategy and its implementation.
- Be a bridge between the partners working on corporate campaigning and other energy-related initiatives targeting corporates that could be relevant to our European strategy.
- Identify opportunities for synergies and contributions from other EBC campaign strategic strands that will help with the corporate strategy and vice versa.
- Plan through and coordinate campaign pushes and campaign moments.
- Contribute, for this area of responsibility, to the coalition and secretariat strategy process and planning.
- Line-manage one or more campaigners working on corporations, private finance and utilities.
Skills & experience
- A good understanding of the energy transition, its political and economic context in Europe
- A good understanding of the European energy, corporate and financial sector and their potential leverage over the fossil fuel industry
- At least ten years of work experience on energy/climate issues or in relevant positions in the corporate sector (such as public relations, corporate ESG/strategy, legal affairs etc).
- A minimum of three years experience in lobbying and/or advocacy on energy, finance or corporate topics of relevance to the position
- At least five years experience in campaign strategy development and several years of experience in leading the implementation of either programs or campaigns
- A proven track record in successful campaigning in relation to the private sector
- At least three years of line-management experience and experience in leading small teams of two or more people
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Highly organised, able to balance multiple priorities
- Proficiency in using Google tools (docs, slides, calendar, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills; good at facilitating and supporting the work of others
- Confident working remotely with a broad range of people, from different countries, cultures and backgrounds
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Passionate about a healthy, environmentally-friendly and fair society.
- Knowledge of energy sector policies as well as developments regarding renewables, energy savings and greenhouse gas emissions in the energy and the non-energy business sectors
- Knowledge of the global climate crisis, its causes and impacts
- Experience in stakeholder coordination and ability to identify NGO needs and roles
- Familiar with the style of work and procedures of non-governmental organisations
- Knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
Please send a short CV and a one-page cover letter in English to ebcjobs[AT]beyond-coal.eu by COB 26 March 2023, putting ‘Corporate campaign lead’ on the subject line. Preferable start date: as soon as possible. Please note that due to a large number of applications, we only reply to candidates who have been short-listed for an interview. Please note that we do not have the resources to relocate candidates to Europe from outside the continent.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: