Turlock | San José | Sacramento | Oakland
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Turlock | San José | Sacramento | Oakland
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:
Job Overview: The Finance Specialist will work with the Finance team to control and manage the implementation of the accounting systems in the IRC Northern California offices. This will include assisting with the collection and processing of IRC’s financial data in order to provide management, donors, grantors, creditors, and others with timely, accurate and understandable information. The Finance Specialist will report to the Finance Manager in Oakland.
The salary range of this role is $25.51-27.09.
- Ensure office compliance with IRC’s accounting policies vis-à-vis fund accounting as noted in IRC’s finance manual and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review and process all checks & BOA requests from the region using Integra system software in a timely manner.
- Review and process admin invoice such as monthly rent, internet, and others in a timely manner.
- Manage and track monthly grants invoice and donor payments - AR
- Work with Finance Manager to review all accounting transactions to ensure proper coding and enter all transactions into IRC’s accounting software.
- Support the Sr. Director of Finance with facilitation of any external or internal audit.
- Work with resettlement & employment team to ensure all financial aspects meet IRC compliance requirements
- Review and manage the resettlement & employment program for the financial aspects such as reviewing the client’s financial ledger; supporting documents, generate report and processing the reconciliation
- Other related duties as assigned
Administration & Internal Controls
- Ensure compliance with IRC’s Financial Internal Control procedures.
- Review current service agreements for cost effectiveness and recommend changes as appropriate.
- The position will be in charge to organize all the documents for the finance department in Oakland
- Other related duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as accounting or finance or comparable work experience
- 3+ years of nonprofit accounting/financial management experience
- Solid computer-based accounting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Proven ability to work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively work in face paced environment.
- Standard office work environment
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.