- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kharkiv
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2023-04-02
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for a Finance Officer based in Kharkiv.
Overall purpose of the role:
The financial officer provides support for the implementation of DRC programs in the eastern region, in the Kharkiv office in his area of responsibility. Reports to the Finance and Administrative Team Leader, collaborates with the supply chain, accountants and program staff to ensure the timely completion of financial tasks and provide the necessary support to other teams in the area of responsibility.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Prepare payments made in cash, by check or via bank transfers in the existing DRC forms called Payment Requests;
- Prepare the request for money to be transfer to the bank account;
- Ensure to update Expense Journals in ERP Dynamics and Cashbooks in Excel on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies;
- Submit Bank statements and signed Cash Counts and Cash Books to Finance and Administrative Manager before the 5th of each calendar month;
- Ensure that advances and deposits are issued based on Country Director/direct supervisor approval and is settled within 4 weeks after expenses had been occurred;
- Ensure usage of relevant budget line and project when cost booking takes place;
- Ensure month end accounting is carried out including cash counts and bank reconciliation are on a timely manner;
- Validate and sign Purchase Requisitions and Request for Payments from Finance side;
- Ensure that the cost description in the journals and cashbook and that the quality of the journals and cashbook overall meets the DRC internal guidelines;
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents;
- Ensure accounting entries are made in line with DRC internal guidelines and Ukrainian legislation accurately and timely by reviewing and approving journals before their postings;
- Ensure that scanned vouchers are sent to Finance and Administrative Manager on a monthly basis;
- Review documents and ensure costs are coded to correct budget codes and ensure costs will be incurred in line with budget available;
- Jointly with FATL to fill in (make forecast) and follow Consolidate budget table (The FILE) for Area (projects/budget lines);
- Maintain the cashbox, currency exchange, cash count, work with cash in secure and confidential manner;
- Check log sheets and fuel-calculation forms provided by Supply Chain unit, provide fuel-advances and fuel reimbursement;
- Actively take part in harmonization of operational work: sharing with ideas, creating tools, updating guidance etc.;
- Providing other finance support in Base office if needed;
- Budget monitoring and forecasting – review budget spending and consolidate information required to prepare forecast;
- Ensure support cost are allocated (fuel, salaries, rent etc.) based on accountable cost drives backed with relevant supporting documents.
- We expect you to have University degree in the related field or equivalent (Finance, Labor Economy, Management, Personnel Management).
- At least 2 years of experience in experience in Finance area or related field.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel.
- Accuracy in paper work.
- Finance literacy.
- Speech and communication skills.
- Experience of work in INGO will be an advantage.
- Experience of work with ERP programs will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Ukrainian and Russian languages.
- Intermediate or Advanced English (speaking/reading/writing).
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: 12 months with the possibility of renewal depending on the effectiveness and funding of the program. Preliminary 3-month trial
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Type of contract: full-time, work in the Kharkiv office
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 12 March 2023
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo