Chief of Party - Thailand
- Organization: FHI 360 - Family Health International
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Senior level - Senior
- Operations and Administrations
- Democratic Governance
- Public Policy and Administration
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-03-23
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief-of-Party (COP) for an anticipated project in health systems and community systems strengthening**.** The position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand though FHI 360 may consider other locations in Asia.
The anticipated project will focus on developing and implementing partnership-building strategies to improve health equity and reduce HIV treatment gaps for key populations through targeted technical assistance; strengthening host country capacity to implement policies and programs to ensure sustainable HIV epidemic control and robust health systems; Building and strengthening financial and administrative capacity of local organizations to lead sustainable HIV/AIDS and related developmental assistance programs; and building and strengthening project management capacity to develop, implement, and evaluate HIV/AIDS programs. These strategies will be implemented in multiple countries in Asia and possibly globally.
The Chief-of-Party (COP) will lead and direct the development and implementation process for the project, including supervising country and regional teams and managing supports coming from FHI 360’s headquarters and regional offices. S/he will plan and direct project schedules and monitor budget/spending and monitor the project from initiation through delivery. The COP will organize project(s) activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints and will select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Responsible for creating, promoting, and maintaining safe and equitable work environments for all personnel, including a harassment- and violence-free work culture, and systems for safeguarding project participants.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Reviews project proposals and plans to determine scheduling, budget, procedures, staffing, and allotment of resources needed for projects.
- Establishes work plans, project teams, and SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies.
- Develops proposals and research sources for funding projects.
- Provides guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve project goals.
- Participates in the strategic development of methods and techniques with executive management.
- Establishes, serves, and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters.
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective teamwork.
- Responsible for induction of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with mandate values, quality standards, policies and project objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.
- Determination of job level is based on combination of primary and secondary criteria (i.e., Revenue, Headcount, and number of Contracts/Sub-Awards and other factors).
- Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
Applied Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices with project management, process development and execution.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong consultative skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects.
- Ability to motivate, influences, and collaborates with others.
- Ability to build positive local working relationships with local communities, district government officials, UN and where appropriate, donor representatives.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent.
- English, fluent in host country language.
- Sets goals and budgets for projects and leads department in achieving strategic goals.
- Leads coordination of resources for ongoing projects across business units and addresses/resolves project issues.
- Reports to HIV Department Director
- Bachelor’s degree public health, epidemiology, or related field, MD or PhD preferred.
- At least 12 years’ senior management experience leading international health programs, preferably related to health systems strengthening (including 8+ years of line management experience).
- Experience preferred in CDC-supported project management.
- Proficient with applicable rules, regulations, and policies associated with international development and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
- Experience operating in insecure environments.
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- 10% - 25%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Apply here: Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)