Product Assurance and Safety Engineer
- Organization: ESA - European Space Agency
- Location: Noordwijk-Binnen
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Security and Safety
- Closing Date: Closed
EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
Product Assurance and Safety Engineer
Vacancy in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
If selected for the position of Product Assurance and Safety (PA&S) Engineer, you will be assigned to the Product Assurance Management Section, Quality, Dependability and PA Support Division, Product Assurance and Safety Department, Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
The Section provides functional support to ESA projects and technology developments and is also responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of product assurance and safety engineering and management programmes. It carries out technological research and development (R&D) in the fields of PA&S management, techniques, methodologies and tools. It collaborates in standardisation and training activities.
Reporting to the Head of Section and within the technical fields described above, your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• providing expert support to ESA projects, programmes and technology development programme activities in the field of PA&S engineering and management;
• preparing and implementing general and project-specific programmatic and technical requirements based on the applicable product and quality assurance baseline;
• supporting the monitoring of and reporting on supplier PA&S programme execution to ensure compliance with applicable requirements; this task includes auditing activities;
• contributing to management and technical boards relative to the execution and review of a project’s PA&S programme;
• supporting the establishment and implementation of standards and best practices in the product and quality assurance field;
• contributing to and, at the line management’s request, participating in the Directorate’s competence domains;
• monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends to maintain state-of-the-art expertise;
• supporting the implementation of the configuration management system in ESA projects;
• contributing to the dissemination of the results of activities performed and the transfer of knowledge across the Agency.
In addition to the above tasks and responsibilities, you may be requested to provide support on:
• defining, initiating and managing R&D activities (in product and quality assurance; requirements, techniques, methodologies and tools) covering long- and short-term needs;
• reviewing current product assurance practices and methodologies that have resulted from digitalisation;
• supporting the implementation of the ESA mission classification scheme in projects and the tailoring of product assurance-related standards based on the mission risk.
Your duties may also include supporting other activities within your field of competence.
A master’s degree in an engineering discipline is required for this post.
Experience in configuration management, quality auditing or assessor certification would be considered an asset.
You must be eligible for security clearance by your national security administration.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
For further information please visit: Professionals,What we offerand FAQ
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
According to the ESA Convention, the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States*. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented or balanced Member States*.
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment conducted by an external background screening service.
Recruitment will normally be at the first grade in the band (A2); however, if the candidate selected has little or no experience, the position may be filled at A1 level.
*Member States, Associate Members or Cooperating States.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: