Chief of Party – Nepal Localization Support Activity
- Organization: LINC
- Location: Nepal
- Grade: Senior level - L-7, International Limited
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Closing Date: 2023-04-02
LINC is a mission-driven small business headquartered in Washington, DC, dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. The recipient of USAID’s “Small Business of the Year” award in 2017, we are a team of reflective practitioners, passionate and energetic in our work, and committed to locally-led development. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We partner with major universities, foundations, local NGOs and consulting firms, USAID, and DfID. Our country experience spans Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Europe. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org.
Description of Services
LINC seeks a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID/Nepal Localization Support Activity. This Activity aims to provide services to USAID, partner Nepali organizations, and Government of Nepal entities surge support, capacity building, and establishing systems and processes to effectively design, implement, and monitor activities that advance shared development objectives. Specifically, activities may be focused on
(i) capacity strengthening for local actors to apply, receive, and manage USAID awards,
(ii) strengthening the Mission’s government-to-government (G2G) programming, and
(iii) support for the Mission to improve localization programming.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, day-to-day management, and technical direction for the activity. They will ensure high-quality program deliverables, serve as chief liaisons to USAID/Nepal and key external stakeholders, and build the capacity of project staff and partners. This is a full-time position based in Nepal, contingent upon USAID award.
· Provide vision and overall activity leadership, including program planning, technical execution, financial management, reporting, and operations.
· Manage, train, and mentor staff, ensuring seamless coordination among Activity components.
· Manage subcontractors to ensure the timely provision of responsive, high-quality deliverables.
· Oversee the design, development, and implementation of all technical activities, consistently emphasizing collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
· Establish and maintain productive relationships, coordinate, and consult with key stakeholders, including USAID, government officials, implementing partners, civil society, and other key stakeholders and audiences as required.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have the following:
· A Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, or a related field.
· Minimum 15 years of demonstrated experience implementing international development programs, preferably for USAID.
· Prior experience in a senior leadership role of a USAID program is required, with Chief of Party experience strongly preferred.
· Proven USAID and external stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills.
· Strong technical expertise in program design, capacity-strengthening, CLA, locally led development, and systems thinking;
· Experience delivering technical assistance and/or capacity-strengthening services to the expected Localization Support Activity stakeholders: USAID, host government agencies, and other local actors.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Fluency in spoken and written English.
· Prior experience working in Nepal and the region is strongly preferred.