- Organization: UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Administrative support - GS-5, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2023-04-03
Post Number : 5LBADM0710RP
Grade : G-5
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Beirut
Job Family: Computer Sciences / Information Technologies
Type of contract : Fixed Term Field
Duration of contract : 2 years, renewable
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 03-APR-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates who are entitled to work in Lebanon can apply to this position
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The position is located in the Administrative Unit of the UNESCO Beirut Office and provides decentralized basic and routine technical support on hardware and software application system within the Office's assigned area and to the Field Offices in the Region. The Information Technologies (IT) Assistant reports directly to the Field Office Finance and Administrative Officer and carries out tasks under the overall authority of the Director of the Office. The IT Assistant is tasked with the delivery of a range of office-oriented activities in support of the Administrative Unit, and projects/programmes delivery. In particular, the IT Assistant is performing the following tasks:Long Description
ICT MAINTENANCE SERVICES
- Administration and maintenance of the ICT infrastructure, equipment and services, undertake action for their upgrade, repairs or replacement.
- Maintain the computer server and server room of the office and ensure the safety and security of all system applications, data bases and electronic files.
- Ensure internet connectivity and proper functioning of all network applications.
- Assist the users on the implementation of backups and keep backup copies of the server information, perform the routine backup of all computer software, applications, electronic files or data in a timely manner and ensure the recovery of the files/data.
- Keep the IT Business continuity Plan and IT Security Plan up to date.
DESKTOP SUPPORT SERVICES
- Provide technical support to all authorized users for the installation and/or configuration of new equipment, components, and other peripheral accessories.
- Assist authorized users to resolve technical problems encountered while using computerized systems and applications by running system diagnosis, etc.
- Provide support to all users using remotely connectivity tools. Ensure connectivity with Headquarters. Follow up any problems encountered with the VPN connection and find the best possible solution.
- Provide user support and training on commonly used applications software and maintain up-dated books/manuals and hardware databases related to the office automation.
- Keep update the maintenance annual plan for IT equipment.
- Update and run the system's antivirus applications and other protectives measures routinely or as appropriate.
RECORD MANAGEMENT AND INSTITUTIONAL MEMORY
- Assist in the structure of digital record management in Our Drive with standardized filing scheme and adopting a naming convention for the digital documents; assist in updating and maintaining computerized databases and websites.
- Effective knowledge sharing and reuse enabled, facilitate internal meetings to update/remind colleagues on policies and new features developed.
- Participate in meetings and workshops on areas of new technologies and telecommunications, and the ICT working group of the UN OMT, especially on the impact on LTAs, IT Business Continuity/Security Plan or any issues (cost efficiency) for the Office.
PROCUREMENT SUPPORT SERVICES
- Advice the Supervisor on new opportunities for improvement and upgrade of the IT equipment and the network.
- Assist in the negotiation with local ISP Operators for telephone project via S4B and INTERNET ensuring the prices are going down and the required bandwidths always increasing in order to cope with new needs like O365 for instance.
- Maintain constant communication with the ISP in order to follow up in the case of the interruption of the service.
- Locally support the implementation of the rollout of new functionalities, software, applications or services and ICT infrastructural changes as may be released by Headquarters.
- Assist in the identification of providers for IT equipment, and in the use of LTAs, at local, regional or HQ level.
Provide inputs in the occasional selection of local IT experts.
- Assist in the preparation of the inventory list and maintain the information updated, assist in the preparation of the year-end asset inventory, and the list asset disposal.
- Provide technical support to efficiently manage the non-expendable items and assets.
- Update the list of ICT assets in custpdy and following new acquisitions or disposals.
- Completion of secondary, technical or vocational education is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in one of the following areas: Computer network, Electronics, Multimedia systems, Telecommunications, Analogue and digital systems, Conference systems, Audio-visual installations.
- Experience of IT user support
- Experience with diagnostic tools.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure, with minimum supervision, and to sustain limited periods with workload peaks.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of IT security related issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and at least a basic understanding of French.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural and dynamic team environment.
- Strong competencies in attention to detail and time management.
- Excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of French.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field would be an asset.
- Experience in an international environment.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.