Senior Project Associate
- Organization: OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
- Location: osce
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-03-26
The Support Programme for Ukraine (SPU) has been established in order to continue to support the Ukrainian Government’s reform efforts, provide a platform for continued Ukrainian efforts in implementing OSCE commitments. The SPU is planned to run until July 2025.
This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary SPU project “Support to Environmental Rehabilitation with focus on Building National Humanitarian Mine Action Capacities of Ukraine” under the OSCE Conflict Prevention Centre (CPC) at the Secretariat (SEC). The post is subject to the availability of funds, as well as an extension of the project duration. The incumbent of the current post is expected to supervise and guide two other project team members.
Please note that this post is located in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Co-ordination Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
1. Contributes to the timely accomplishment of project outputs by coordinating and administering project activities; supports day-to-day planning and follow-up with partners and stakeholders on implementation of administrative activities and processes in accordance with OSCE rules and established business processes, and provides recommendations on refinement of strategic directions of projects activities in the economic-environmental and politico-military fields.
2. Supports mobilisation and coordination of experts, consultants, contractors and goods and services, applying ExB schemes, including administration and monitoring of Terms of References and specifications and follows up on processes and work deliverables; supports management of expert and procurement contracts; coordinates and supports the preparation, submission, revision and follow-up of the projects’ budget, and the monitoring and provision of information on implementation. Reviews reports of the implementing partners including financial reports.
3. Manages inter-agency coordination meetings with national stakeholders in the area of his/her responsibility; provides advice and recommendations on required inputs from national partners in support of the project activities; represents the OSCE at specific local, national, regional conferences and events upon the request of the supervisors; attends local and international conferences – also as a speaker at meetings with NGOs, international or bilateral agencies.
4. Assembles and synthesizes data to facilitate the analysis of project activities, and to draft periodic or ad hoc management reports; ensures the maintenance and retrieval of reference material, documentation, data and information; coordinates and leads administration and organization of project events, meetings, workshops and other activities.
5. Consolidates and monitors various reports on project human resources planning and expenditures, the use of non-staff resources, the programme / projects’ communication and publishing plans, IT plans, and travel schedules.
6. Conducts researches and needs assessments, supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing across the programme through training of staff and briefing of budget holders on administrative/budgetary/planning/programming/financial procedures and processes; Reviews current processes and makes recommendations to improve programme/projects administration procedures; supervises lower grade general service staff and performs other duties as assigned.
• Completed secondary education, supplemented by specialized training or formal studies in economic-environmental or politico-military field
• Minimum 8 (eight) years of relevant working experience in the economic/environmental field, political affairs or democratization
• Experience in project planning, implementation and reporting
• Managerial experience would be an asset
• Established knowledge and understanding of the developments in the economic-environmental or politico-military field
• Ability to conduct independent research and collect information from a variety of sources
• Digital literacy and proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), internet. Experience with an ERP software is an asset
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Ukrainian
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction, is USD 2,284 as per the relevant OSCE salary scale; the salary payment is effected in EUR. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Please note that appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.