- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Dnipro
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: Closed
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for Warehouse Assistant based in Dnipro.
Overall purpose of the role is day-to-day management of stocks and warehouse facilities assigned to his area of responsibility, with the flow of goods / items and stocks through the warehouse in Dnipro.
Warehouse Assistant is responsible to lead and carry out responsibility for end to end supply chain management from the beginning to the end of the process.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Organizing of acceptance of goods in the warehouse after distribution process;
- Carrying out loading and unloading operations using a hydraulic trolley (rokla) when the truck/vehicle arrives at the warehouse;
- Packing and preparing orders for delivery/dispatch;
- Informing Supply Chain Officer regarding the deliveries and releasing the goods to/from the warehouse;
- Ensuring that the physical stacking of items within warehouse and stocks is logical, optimizing space and preserving accessibility of items;
- Assisting to line manager and Supply Chain Officer with any other tasks related to management of the warehouse;
- Identifying of needed entering in and outgoing out equipment and checking the quality and quantity of all goods, materials and items (check, record and store goods received);
- Reviewing and updating stock cards and stock reports and other warehouse documents, entering in stock cards and bin cards and further register them in stock register all the goods received in and out;
- Drawing up the monthly warehouse inventory reports of every month and provide it to Supply Chain Officer;
- Ensuring follow up on stocks and pay attention to any discrepancies and damages to the goods and in case the damages or discrepancies are identified, immediately informing the line manager;
- Keeping up-to-date stock cards;
- Ensuring that all goods are stored and packed safely and securely and in accordance with DRC procedures;
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets and recording all asset movements and disposals in warehouse;
- Supporting Supply Chain Unit to manage assets according to FA list;
- Providing inventory of all DRC assets in Dnipro office based on DRC Operation Handbook;
- Any other duties as directed by the Supply Chain Officer or Supply Chain Team Leader.
Experience and Education:
- Communicating with Supply Chain and Safety Units;
- Good physical and health conditions;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and environment;
- Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm;
- Ability to work hard, quickly, under pressure and with short deadlines;
- Working with other colleagues/people;
- Competency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word);
- Fluency in Ukrainian language;
- Knowledge of English language will be an advantage.
3 months with possibility of extension based on perfomance.
Start date: April 2023
Only candidates who possess the right to work in Ukraine will be considered
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English or Ukrainian.
Closing date for applications: March, 21, 2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: