Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) Officer – to be based in Lebanon or Jordan
- Organization: IFRC - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2023-03-22
As a member of the Regional Office team, the overall purpose of this position is to contribute to growing and maintaining a culture and practice of credible, reliable, timely, and cost-effective project cycle management for IFRC’s multilateral work in MENA.
The PMER office will also contribute to ensuring that strong technical guidance to National Society PMER capacity is delivered. This will result in better information for management decisions, and strategic planning, as well as accountability and learning.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Effective and efficient Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support in identifying gaps, needs, and trends for M&E development of the MENA NSs, and support in suggesting and designing capacity-strengthening initiatives and activities
- Review Monitoring and Evaluation plans or develop (when missing) for IFRC Emergency responses and Pledge-based projects. This will be done in coordination with the concerned NS, along with providing the technical support needed to operate the Plan.
- Review or design (when needed) monitoring tools for NS, along with providing the required technical support requested by the NSs when conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Ensure through the developed M&E systems accessibility to data insights and provide the ability to use it in conjunction with the existing Movement data systems and other regional data sources
- Support in reviewing Evaluations’ Terms of Reference, Evaluation Questionnaires, and Managing evaluations whenever needed
- With the support of IFRC Senior PMER Officers, provide technical support for NSs (setting Monitoring and Evaluation systems, tools, material, procedures, etc) according to the IFRC's Evaluation Framework.
- Support and take part in reviews/ evaluations and lessons learned workshops
Ensure timely and quality Federation planning and reporting
- Provide support to the annual planning process, working with the MENA Country Delegations.
- Design Performance and impact measurements tools, in alignment with the global standards
- Ensure reporting deadlines and standard quality are met, by contributing to the review of plans and reports and supporting their publication on the ERP system.
- Provide technical support and quality insurance to improve the timely delivery of Emergency Appeals and DREF operational plans.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Duties applicable to all staff
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
3. Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public health, or engineering, or other related field -Required
- Further training in PMER or Data Management -Required
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in PMER for an international Organisation -Required
- Strong interest in humanitarian and development work -Required
- Knowledge of IFRC and National Society operating environment. -Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Strong background in report writing and product delivery to tight deadlines. Ability to write, edit and analyze complex reports in both English and Arabic - Required
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and management -Required
- Demonstrated experience in data management and modeling (Power-Bi, GIS, Microsoft Office Suite, and data analysis software) and other project management software -Preferred
- Sound background in social research methodologies, including highly developed analytical and communication skills and the ability to assimilate and process information for wide-ranging audiences -Required
- Excellent computer skills. (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat). -Required
- Sound understanding of basic project finance (e.g. ability to explain the variance between budgeted and actual expenditure) -Required
- Knowledge and commitment to Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles -Preferred
- Basic understanding of the legal framework of humanitarian operations, as well as gender, protection, social or human vulnerability issues -Required
- Fluently spoken and written English and Arabic -Required
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, or Spanish) -Preferred
Competencies, Values and Comments
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
IFRC ensures equal employment opportunities!