Project coordinator Duhok and Head of Base Duhok
- Organization: AVSI - Association of Volunteers in International Service
- Location: Duhok
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
Duty Station: Duhok Governorate with frequent movement to Sinjar (Ninawa Governorate) (75%) and missions to Erbil (25%)
Starting Date: 01.04.2023
Period: until 31/08/2024
Reporting to: Project Manager/Country representative
Aim of the position: Running the base of AVSI in Duhok and representing AVSI Iraq in front of local authorities and donors in Duhok. Follow up the implementation of an agriculture development project in the Ninewa plains and Duhok Governorate.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• General management of the AVSI office in Duhok
• Supervision of staff in Duhok
• General coordination of active projects in Duhok
• Representation of AVSI in front of local authorities
• Development of new project ideas.
•Supports the Head of Project in Development and Management of the project
• Carries out the project according to the rules and standards of the Donor and AVSI standards for the implementation of projects
• Ensures that all project relevant support is in place (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.)
• Support in modifying and continuing project planning .
• Establish good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders in-country for emergency and development programs in coordination with the Country Office
• Reports to the Head of Project on the progress of the project and all risks associated with the project work
• Manages staff according to AVSI principles, and strategies
• Participate in the recruitment of new staff
• Ensures implementation of AVSI policies .
• Represents AVSI in cluster meetings and relation with different stakeholders (If required)
• Public relations management in some field offices (If required)
• Accompanies visiting donors and AVSI Head Office staff journalists/or appoints adequate representation
• Fulfilment of any other tasks which are assigned by the management and correspond in general with the character of this position
• Facilitate information sharing on activities between different departments and other team members to ensure proper coordination and division of tasks within the team;
• Supervise the implementation of activities in the project area.
• Elaborate work plans together with the project team.
• Ensure that the deliverables of the project are reported correctly.
• Oversee the operational planning of needs assessments, baselines, end lines and other surveys conducted by the project team
• Support Head of Project in financial project planning, budget forecasting.
Bachelor degree in agriculture engineering /animal production/Business management, social science or similar – (A Master’s degree will be considered an added value)
• At least 5 years of working experience in with NGO’s
• At least 3 years of experience working in the agriculture development sector or livelihood sector
• An experience in working /managing projects with a budget of minimum 2000 000 $ will be appreciated
• Excellent written and verbal communication in skills in English language – (Arabic, Kurdish, French and Italian languages proficiency will be considered as an asset)
Required skills and experiences
• IT skills: Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Exchange). Ability to effectively use project management software and other information systems /databases.
• Good attitude and experience in working with partners and allies
• Largely independent performance of task within a given task-related scope of action & decision-making; alternative courses of action possible
• Excellent communication skills in building relationships with local contacts
• Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible and sensitive in demanding situations; passion for working with others
• Former experience in writing project proposal
• Good understanding of, and commitment to, gender equity
Please go on avsi.org and apply.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: