Enumerator - Sierra Leone
- Organization: Laterite
- Location: Freetown
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Population matters (trends and census)
- Closing Date: Closed
Laterite is looking for brilliant and highly-motivated enumerators to assist with our fieldwork activities in Sierra Leone. This position is offered on a project-basis. Successful candidates will be added to our database and be contacted based on availability of positions. Enumerators will also benefit from training sessions aimed at improving their professional development.
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm specialized in complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
We currently have offices in the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Sierra Leone. The team brings together more than 70 full time local and international staff, as well as 1,000+ enumerators across all countries. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization, and we welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our team. Learn more: www.laterite.com
We work in socio-economic development research projects. We believe that impact is a long-term endeavour that requires being embedded in the local context. Delivering high-quality research requires building local teams and data collection systems, knowing the country, and establishing close working relationships.
One of Laterite’s key strategic goals is to create a collaborative and rewarding working environment for our staff, where every team member feels engaged, represented, and heard. Laterite is committed to create opportunities for learning and career development within the team and across our offices.
Laterite is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
As an enumerator, you will
- Actively participate and complete training;
- Test the survey instruments and the sampling strategy in the field;
- Conduct interviews in the field following the survey instruments;
- Perform duties as allocated by your supervisor;
- Document issues that arise in the field and communicate them to your supervisor;
- Take responsibility for tracking expenses and reporting them to your supervisor;
- Assist in any other tasks related to the delivery of the project at hand as assigned by your supervisor.
Ideal candidates have experience in collecting quantitative data using electronic data collection instruments, they are excellent communicators in English and Krioi, and they have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field. Fluency speaking other languages (e.g.: Mende, Temne and Limba) is a plus. We also highly encourage individuals with field supervision experience to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- At least 3 months of experience with field data collection activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Krio
- Must be Sierra Leonean nationals
Please upload your CV and complete the application form via our online application form by March 26, 2023: https://form.jotform.com/230474444484560.
After submitting your application, you will receive an email inviting you to complete a 30 minutes online assessment for which no special preparation is needed.
Successful candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: